Vendor Management Supervisor
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
Vendor Management Supervisor is responsible for driving value out of the supplier relationship and contract with a focus on enhancing business value, controlling cost, and mitigating risk. This role will draw from previous work experience and execute activities in the following areas: Supplier Management, Contract Management, Finance Management, and Risk Management.
- Serve as a point of contact for suppliers; build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Partner and collaborate with Sr. Leadership and internal stakeholders to optimize business value
- Manage supplier performance in accordance with contract terms. Where performance does not meet requirements manage the issue, corrective action, and root cause analysis to accurate performance
- Coordinate contract administration for suppliers by performing contract activities including contract financial analysis, negotiations, creation, onboarding, execution, renewals, and closeout
- Collaborate with various McDonald’s departments (Finance Management, Legal, Global Strategic Sourcing, Project Management, Global Workforce Solutions, Performance Management, and Service Delivery)
- Deliver value to the organization by driving cost-reduction efforts to improve supplier spend
- Risk Management: Risk identification, tracking, ongoing assessment, resolution monitoring, and reporting
- Performance Management: Service Level Management and Reporting, Dashboard & Reporting Development, Performance Analysis & Assessment
- Finance Management: Invoice & Rebate Management, SLA Charge-Back Administration, ARC/RRC, Contract Amendments, Pricing, and Credits/Penalties
- Contract Management: Repository Administration, Changes/Updates, Obligation & Deliverable Management, and Business Reviews
- Consumption Management: Consumption Reporting and Budget Forecasting
Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, and related experience
- 3+ years of in-depth functional expertise in the areas of either Vendor Relationship Management, Supply Chain Management, Consulting, Financial Services, Third-Party Management, or Business Processing Outsourcing
- Domestic and international travel is required
- Knowledge and understanding of Supplier Management, Contract Management, and Finance Management and their related activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly absorb, process information, and apply it appropriately to meet strategic goals
- Organizational awareness: Understanding the strategy, structure, goals, and objectives of the organization
- Understanding of Strategic Planning
- Ability to think creatively and act on creative and innovative ideas
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility within a variety of changing situations while working with various departments and stakeholders
- Ability to handle change and uncertainties and to move forward quickly
- Strong planning skills: Establishing priorities systematically, differentiating between urgent, important, and unimportant tasks
- Strong analytical, problem-management, and problem-solving skills
- Control and Process Oriented
- Continuous Improvement training (i.e. Six Sigma)
- Ability to influence
- Decisive yet collaborative style
- Change Agent
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.