At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Translator
Department: Linguistic Services
Position band: Specialist
Reports to: Linguistic Services Lead
Type of position: Full-time, contract (1-year)
The translators within the Linguistic Services are accountable for the translation, revision and quality insurance of a variety of administrative documents and internal communications. Reporting to the Linguistic Services lead, these professionals collaborate closely with multiple departments within the organization to answer their copywriting, terminology and translation needs. McDonald’s Restaurants of Canada Limited is currently looking for a contractual translator (1-year) who will be working from its Dorval office, in a hybrid work model.
Who You Are
You are a curious individual who is eager to learn and able to connect with others. You have the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties. You have strong organizational and planning skills. You are a change agent, with strong communication skills who can effectively support our system in a fast paced and agile environment.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of growth. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on strategic initiatives.
**This position is a Flex Hybrid Model, requiring 3 days in-office and 2 days remote**
Job Responsibilities: In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principle accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Translate, from English to French, a variety of documents of varying complexity, mainly internal communications pieces from various departments within the Corporate and Regional offices.
- Revision of translated materials, as needed.
- Assist with the proofing of printed documents upon request.
- Ensure consistency and quality control of the translated documents.
- Assist in the production and enhancement of a terminology data bank and keep abreast of new terminology.
- Prioritize own workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Specialized bachelor's degree in translation or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience
- Fluently bilingual (English/French), both written and oral
- Proficiency or interest in French to English translation would be an asset
- Capacity to work in a team
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and capacity to prioritize work
- Capacity to meet tight deadlines and manage several projects at the same time
- Knowledge of translation memory or translation project management software would be an asset
- McDonald’s restaurant experience would be an asset
Bilingualism (French, English) - For this position, when an employee is based in Montreal, French will be the primary language of business. In addition to the knowledge of French, the position of contractual translator requires strong oral and written English skills.
Our organization is present throughout Canada as well as in many other countries.
Following an assessment, we have determined that the duties related to the position of contractual translator require the knowledge of English, in addition to French (both oral and written). This position requires, among other things, the person to communicate orally and in writing with national departments, suppliers and franchisees located outside of the province of Quebec, including in Ontario and Atlantic Canada. Our organization has business that requires national coordination. We have also determined that the knowledge of English that is already required of other employees does not allow for the execution of the duties requiring the knowledge of English in connection with the position of contractual translator. However, McDonald’s restricts as much as possible the number of positions for which it requires the knowledge of a language other than French. McDonald’s requires English proficiency only when necessary to the execution of an employee’s duties.Additional Information:
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Req ID: REF4457N_743999895760513