Technology Contracts Manager
McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day: in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
This role is based in our East Finchley office working 3 days in the office and 2 days remotely.
Reporting to the Supplier Selection and Contracts Consultant, you will be responsible for driving contractual formation and compliance for the Technology department. You will embed company processes with the extended team and provide guidance at every stage of the supplier lifecycle.
What will my accountabilities be?
- Establishment and oversight of tiered governance model for suppliers
- Advising and ensuring compliance during the RFP/RFI process
- Managing stakeholders during contracting process
- Drafting or reviewing contracts and contract correspondence
- Negotiating contract terms and commercials
- Monitor and manage supplier risk using globally supplied tooling
- Liaising with the internal legal team and external counsel
- Manage contract lifecycle ensuring all contracts are accurate and relevant
- Working closely with Portfolio and Project Managers to ensure contractual process compliance
- Managing contractual dispute processes
- Providing support for new initiatives during any associated RFP/RFI processes
- Ongoing maintenance of a contracts database ensuring that associated stakeholders are proactively managing towards contract anniversaries and achieving the best possible commercial outcomes for McDonald’s
What team will I be a part of?
The Supplier Selection and Contracts Specialist will operate within the Supplier Management team and as part of the Running Great Restaurant Technology department. Additionally, they will work extremely closely with the Global Vendor Management Office and Market Legal Team.
Who are my customers?
Customers of this role will include:
- Supplier Management team
- Global Vendor Management Office
- Market Legal Team
- Our suppliers
- Colleagues in other McDonald’s markets and those working in global and segment functions
What background do I need to have?
- Experience in supplier governance
- Negotiation and sourcing experience with large commercial contracts and vendors whilst familiar with related legal constructs
- Significant experience in managing a diverse and broad range of technology suppliers
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills and commercial acumen
- The role holder will be able to build collaborative working relationships with suppliers and their stakeholders including McDonald’s Franchisees and our partners
- Person specification
- Detail driven and able to easily identify trends and improvement activity through problem-solving skills
- Share information, good practice and expertise with others
- Organised and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Listen actively and objectively
- Respond to and discuss issues
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere."
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4013B_743999956029783
- Information Technology