Technical Project Manager
McDonald's evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first and demonstrates our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the critical role technology plays as the best-in-class, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technologies, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day!
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of innovation specialists who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of groundbreaking opportunities for the business. We take on technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge! This provides access to compelling career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.Job Description:
The Strategy & Planning team is focused on strategy formulation and prioritization, strategic and operational planning, program management, and vendor management efforts while building next-gen Total Cost of Ownership capabilities.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced technical project manager to work on our Restaurant Technology Portfolio. This position will report to the Restaurant Technology PMO Director, and work with key leaders across the McDonald’s organization, on the Global Program Management Office (GPMO) key projects in support of McDonald’s Restaurant Technology. The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of the project over the entire life (initiate, plan, implement, control, close). Must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ownership of creating the project charter, the schedule, the achievements, the scope, and resource requirements as well as assist with managing the budget, including re-forecasting the budget
- Create a project organization structure by identifying key project team members and their role and responsibilities to set clear expectations in accordance with the Project Plan
- Lead the execution of the tasks as defined in the project plan in order to achieve the project goals
- May be responsible for managing/recording detailed customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders in order to establish the project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g., planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the project charter
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholder
- Ensure that the Project Team completes the project objectives within scope, schedule, cost, to client’s satisfaction
- Drive issue resolution through issue and risk tracking and facilitating issue closure and advance issues appropriately
- Provide guidance, direction, management of resources, including prioritizing work and developing team members
- Improve team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training, and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency, and boost morale
Measure project performance against predefined metrics and baselines and take action to control the project to the baselines
Communicate and report to stakeholder’s project status on a regular basisQualifications:
- 5-7 years of experience leading complex cross-functional IT initiatives
- 3-5 years of experience as a PM in a Global PMO environment
- 2+ years of experience with Digital Technologies
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and solid ability to translate technical verbiage into easily understandable language for the customer
- Experience communicating effectively with Senior management and direct client contact
- Experience with the full software methodology development processes
- Ability to create presentations and write business cases under direct involvement by a more senior project or program manager
- Ability to work under tight deadlines handling a few priorities
- Ability to lead multiple projects with dependencies and deliver on time and budget
- Strong proficiency with MS Office, Global Identity & Access, Big Data cloud based computing etc.
- PMP and/or CSM certifications are a plus
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.