Technical Product Manager, ZTNA & VPN (Network Security Manager)
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts, we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McDonald’s restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
McDonald’s is seeking a Technical Product Manager, ZTNA & VPN (Network Security Manager) to support our Network Security team as we protect McDonald’s. This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management.
Reporting to the GTIO Director, Global Network Security, this role will be responsible for developing new Network Security services and enhancing existing services to meet the increasing needs for protecting our users, devices, networks, applications, and data. This person will work closely with all areas of the business and technology teams to ensure that our services are meeting the needs of markets, application teams, corporate departments, and other partners.
We're investing heavily in technology to drive our growth. We’re looking at how to use technology to improve the customer experience and build new customer experiences. We’re also exploring technologies that can help us reduce or eliminate repetitive tasks and make employees’ jobs more exciting and rewarding.
Global Technology is the team responsible for the securing of McDonald’s information assets at a global level. This role will be part of the group within Global Technology that is responsible for our network security critical services, including firewall, IPS/IDS, Content Filtering, SASE, SSE, ZTNA, VPN and DDoS. You will handle the strategic direction, technical evolution, and day to day operation of some of our Network Security products and platforms including but not limited to ZTNA, User VPN and site to site VPN.
Working with partners globally to ensure that the services being created, deployed, and operated are designed to meet business needs, are scalable, and are secure. You will set high-level strategy and direction for the services they are responsible for and set clear expectations, goals, and requirements for vendors that must be obtained as a measure of success.
- Lead the design, engineering, delivery activities for network security platforms primarily focusing on, but not limited to, VPN and ZTNA product and platforms.
- Act as platform owner responsible for enhancement and life cycle management of network security platforms.
- Assess the strategic and practical needs of McDonald’s globally to and help ensure that Network Security products and services meets the needs of the business.
- Lead and handle external vendors to ensure they are delivering services per our standards, contracts, and meeting business needs.
- Support the development of network security platform vision, strategy and roadmap in partnership with global technology and external collaborators.
- Support technical assessments and vendor selection to develop and deploy innovative platforms, spanning beyond traditional technology.
- Rationalize network security landscape and select new platforms to deliver value to McDonald’s.
- Define, document, and communicate network security standards, best practices and blueprints for our products and platforms for market and corporate customers.
- Understand global, regional and network security requirements and support transformation, standardization, and innovation efforts.
- Maintain and continuously improve the platform, its capacity and performance.
- Lead the development of appropriate platform resilience, business continuity, and disaster recovery plans.
- Act as a technical escalation for network security issues, determine their cause, and identify the corrective action needed to eliminate and prevent the events in the future.
- Partner to implement automation capabilities that enables automated provisioning, detection, and enable self-healing capabilities for the network.
- Deliver significant value by Integrating logs, alerts, data and insights into the proper security tools and data lakes to ensure total visibility across the estate.
- 5+ years experience designing, building, supporting, and managing network security products and platforms, including, but not limited, to Firewall, ZTNA or VPN products/platforms.
- 5+ years experience designing, building, supporting, and managing core enterprise networks: including, but not limited to Routing, Switching, LAN, WAN, SD-WAN, VPN and MPLS.
- 3+ years experience in leading and delivering services using 3rd party vendors and service providers.
- Experience in technical evaluation and selection of emerging technologies translating them into roadmaps and developing business cases
- Subject Matter Expert in Network and/or Cloud Security.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Computer Science, Network, Cyber security
- Experience in leading Network Security transformation program for a complex and multinational company.
- Experience in delivering large-scale automation (e.g., Network as Code) for delivering network security services.
- Experience in leading the innovation and standardization of network security solutions across the business.
- Experience in leading a 24x7x365 team.
- Experience in driving continuous service and process improvements and translating them into viable solutions..
- Professional certifications such as ITIL, CCIE, CCNP, CISM, CISSP, or similar.
- Experience working with an Agile environment. Familiar with documentation process and tools, JIRA and Confluence preferred.
- Experienced with Dev/Ops and CI/CD pipeline tools and processes are advantageous.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.