Technical Product Manager, Reliability & Incident Response
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognised brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food and service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are passionate about modernising our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our outstanding team. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as an opportunity to have an impact on our customers, our people and our partners.Job Description:
We are seeking a skilled Technical Product Manager, Reliability and Incident Response with experience in modern DevOps best practices, continuous deployment, and AI Ops platform use to join our major incidents team.
The Technical Product Manager, Reliability and Incident Response will be responsible for coordinating and leading the response to major incidents that impact our ecommerce platform. The successful candidate will ensure timely restoration of service, minimize the impact on customers, and prevent future incidents through AI Ops correlation improvements and advancement of service restoration tools.
- Lead the response to major incidents impacting our ecommerce platform
- Coordinate with technical teams across DevOps, AI Ops, distributed computing, and other areas to prevent future incidents through AI Ops correlation improvments and advancement of service restoration tools
- Handle communication with collaborators, including customers, business partners, and senior management, to provide regular updates and level set expectations
- Develop and implement processes for incident management, including escalation procedures, activation of service restoration processes and tools, validation of AI Ops correlation models
- Continuously review and improve incident management processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Collaborate with technical teams to identify areas for improvement and implement changes to prevent future incidents
- Conduct incident trend analysis to identify recurring issues and proactively address them
- Lead vendor relationships related to incident management tools and services
- Provide guidance and support to incident management team members and other technical staff
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Demonstrated success supporting reliability and uptime for cloud-based, distributed platforms
- 4+ years of experience in incident management or related technical fields
- Strong knowledge of DevOps, AI Ops, distributed computing, and ecommerce platforms
- Experience with incident management tools, such as ServiceNow, PagerDuty, and VictorOps
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to manage partners at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to lead teams in resolving complex technical issues
- Demonstrable ability to manage incidents and post-mortems and lead process improvement initiatives
- Experience in agile methodologies is preferred
If you are a highly skilled Major Incident Manager with experience in DevOps, AI Ops, distributed computing, and ecommerce platforms, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.Additional Information:
At McDonalds we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonalds experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees, and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice, or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonalds or elsewhere.
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF5387Z_743999930460789
- Information Technology