Technical Product Manager, Platform Lead (Privileged Access Management)
McDonald's evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first and demonstrates our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the critical role technology plays as the best-in-class, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technologies, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day!
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of innovation specialists who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of groundbreaking opportunities for the business. We take on technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge! This provides access to compelling career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts, we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with inquisitive people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide outstanding foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
The Manager, Platform Lead (Privileged Access Management) is part of the Restaurant Infrastructure & Operations Platform team within Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations (GTIO). This role reports to the Director of the Restaurant Infrastructure & Operations Platform and is responsible for handling the Secure Admin Logon platform. The Secure Admin Logon platform leverages BeyondTrust for privileged access management and privileged remote access, specifically for devices within the restaurant. You will be responsible for crafting, implementing, and maintaining robust privileged access management solutions to safeguard our organization's critical assets and ensure compliance with security policies and regulations. You will play a crucial role in protecting critical data and preventing unauthorized access to privileged accounts.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technology leader to help shape the transformation of infrastructure and operations products and services to the entire McDonalds environment.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Product Strategy and Vision: develop and communicate a clear product vision and strategy for restaurant device access solutions (Secure Admin Logon platform), aligned with the needs of restaurant operators and industry trends. Focus on privileged access management and privileged remote access, with emphasis on scalable approach to device onboarding.
- Contribute to the performance of the team by leading all aspects of work of other team members, including a combination of in-house and third-party engineers, architects, and support staff.
- Requirements Gathering: collaborate with cyber security, engineering, support management office, market IT teams, and other collaborators to gather, analyze, and prioritize product requirements.
- Assess and identify privileged accounts and define access requirements. Develop and implement privileged access policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Product Roadmap: build and maintain a product roadmap that outlines the evolution of the Secure Admin Logon platform, including feature improvements and new capabilities.
- Release Management: plan and manage product releases, including feature sets, timelines, and quality assurance.
- Market Research: continuously monitor the restaurant technology landscape, market trends, and customer feedback to find opportunities for product improvement.
- Customer Engagement: engage with segment and market IT teams to understand their needs, gather feedback, and build positive relationships to drive product improvements.
- Documentation: create and maintain product documentation, including user guides, release notes, and technical specifications.
- Product Backlog: maintain and prioritize the product backlog in Jira, ensuring that it aligns with the product roadmap and reflects the most critical features and improvements needed.
- Epic and User Story Writing: collaborate with cross-functional teams to write clear and well-defined epics and user stories that gather the requirements, acceptance criteria, and user perspectives. Ensure that these stories are properly groomed and ready for inclusion in upcoming sprints.
- Sprint Planning: participate in sprint planning meetings to select user stories from the backlog for inclusion in upcoming sprints. Collaborate with development and QA teams to estimate and commit to the work for each sprint.
- Willingness and ability to live the McDonald’s values every day: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community, and Family.
- Strong knowledge of privileged access management concepts, principles, and best practices.
- Experience with PAM solutions such as CyberArk, BeyondTrust, Thycotic, or similar tools.
- Proficiency in identity and access management (IAM) concepts and technologies.
- Excellent understanding of security protocols, encryption, and authentication methods.
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance standards, including GDPR, HIPAA, SOX, and NIST.
- Ability to analyze and assess risks associated with privileged accounts and access.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot PAM-related issues.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with various teams and stakeholders.
- Strong technical understanding of restaurant hardware and software systems, as well as integration technologies, to guide product development effectively.
- Experience partnering with stakeholders across complex, global organizations.
- Experience working in a leadership role in an agile product development environment: participating and leading agile ceremonies, managing a backlog/release plan, tracking metrics of multiple teams, removing blockers (burndown chart, release burn up, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical products from an unclear problem statement, driving clarity, understanding, and opportunity assessment, managing tradeoffs and evaluating potential concepts with internal and external partners using design thinking and agile principles.
- Experience managing technical priorities and driving strategic architectural initiatives.
- Ability to utilize data to proactively identify and solve complex problems potentially impacting the restaurant infrastructure platform function.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop product strategy and business cases, and measure success.
- Strong written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas in easy-to-understand business friendly language.
- Understand customer centricity, and lead products with that mindset.
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- Experience with on-premise, Edge and Cloud platform design patterns, and vendor platform capabilities; experience deploying Edge or Cloud tools and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and navigate to drive results within a globally distributed organization.
- Experience building and managing infrastructure platforms that address global complexities, meet security standards, and support differences between markets/regions.
- Experience managing P&L of a program and developing/managing financial forecasts to communicate ROI and spend rate.
- 8+ years of technical product management or relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 6+ years relevant experience with a Master’s degree.
- 1+ years working with restaurant or retail hardware solutions and platforms.
- 3+ years of experience in leadership roles, including leading teams of employees.
- Experience leading technical teams that manage a strategically important product and/or a suite of products.
- Experience leading teams of employees on large-scale system implementations.
- Experience influencing senior executives (VPs, SVP, CxO), and setting expectations for major cross-functional initiatives.
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.