Technical Product Manager - Observability Engineer
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first and leverages our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand! We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development). Our growth pillars emphasize the important role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand! Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
- Lead the development and execution of the observability product strategy, focusing on improving our capabilities with tools such as Datadog, Grafana, and New Relic.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including engineering, design, sales, and marketing to define product requirements, prioritize features, and drive product roadmap.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape in observability and supervising space.
- Define and supervise key performance metrics for the observability product, continuously supervising and optimizing product performance.
- Work closely with customers to gather feedback, understand difficulties, and iterate on product features to meet customer needs.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on microservice and cloud-native monitoring, providing mentorship and insights to internal teams and customers.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in observability, monitoring, and related technologies, and incorporate relevant innovations into the product roadmap.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Proven experience (5 years) working as a Technical Product Manager or similar role, with a focus on observability, monitoring, or related domains.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with observability tools such as Datadog, Grafana, New Relic, or similar.
- Strong knowledge of microservice architectures and cloud-native monitoring principles.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and articulate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Proven track record of successfully leading product initiatives from concept to launch, with a strong emphasis on customer satisfaction and business impact.
- Experience working in agile development environments and familiarity with agile methodologies.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.