Technical Product Manager, Cloud
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and leverages our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the important role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
The Technical Product Manager, Cloud, role is part of the Cloud Infrastructure & Operations team in Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations. The role reports to the Cloud Business Office Director and is responsible for driving Enterprise Cloud Governance Standardization, management of the Agile Process for Cloud, driving Cloud Business Office initiatives, and ensuring alignment with Cloud Security, Cloud operations, Cloud Platform (Enterprise DevSecOps), Cloud SRE, and internal consumer of Cloud.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technology leader to help shape the transformation of infrastructure and operations products and services to the entire McDonalds environment.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Manages and supports the Cloud Technology Product, and/or suite of products with business impact.
- Defines and drives the product roadmap for our Cloud-focused solutions aligned with the company’s strategy and goals.
- Partners with business leaders, technical product managers, and architects to determine the long-term viability of systems/products, from business and technology standpoints.
- Communicates ideas effectively, verbally and in writing, to a wide range of audiences, including upper-management. Fosters a constructive dialogue, harmonizes discordant views, and leads the resolution of issues.
- Decomposes complex problems into straight-forward solutions. Consistently brings strong, data-driven business, and technical judgment to decisions.
- Identifies core problems or opportunities within business processes. Understands the root cause and impacts for the project and other teams.
- Calls out risks and/or issues that might be impacting the team. Proactively identify gaps and opportunities (e.g., services, workflows, tooling) within or between markets and other parts of the organization.
- Invests time to continuously improve your product management capabilities and close skill gaps in technology, and Cloud.
- Willingness and ability to live the McDonald’s values every day: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community, and Family.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: able to present facts, thoughts, and ideas in a clear, concise, and manner to senior team members.
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical products, driving clarity, understanding, and discussing technical concepts, managing tradeoffs, and evaluating potential concepts with internal and external partners.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop project cases, and measure success.
- Strong in problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data, and industry trends.
- A deep understanding of Cloud and Product Management - AWS, Azure, GCP, OCI
- Exudes collaboration and conflict-resolving qualities.
- Specialty Level Certification in AWS, Azure and/or GCP, or willingness to obtain within 1 year.
- Scrum Master (CSM) Certification, or willingness to obtain within 1 year.
- 8+ years of technical product management or relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 6+ years relevant experience with a Master’s degree.
- Experience working on technical teams that manage an important product and/or a suite of products.
- Experience communicating with leadership and setting expectations for major multi-functional initiatives.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.