Technical Product Manager - Cloud Operations
McDonald's evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first and demonstrates our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the critical role technology plays as the best-in-class, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technologies, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day!
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of innovation specialists who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of groundbreaking opportunities for the business. We take on technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge! This provides access to compelling career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide outstanding foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
The Cloud Operations Technical Product Manager role is tied into the Cloud Ecosystem team in GTIO. The role collaborates with the Senior Manager of Operations and is responsible for driving the Operations cloud platform engineering outcomes, leading the agile product and process, and driving alignment with the Cloud Business Office and other Cloud Platform Engineering teams (DevOps and security).
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technology leader to help craft the transformation of infrastructure and operations products and services to the entire McDonalds environment.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Runs point on a strategically important technology product, and/or group of products with significant business impact. Leads the definition of the product(s) roadmap.
- Guides a team of technical product managers encouraged to broadly influence across a large portion of the company or with a charter to innovate/redefine an incredibly important domain.
- Maintains a strategic focus yet retains an appropriate level of hands-on management. Partners with business leaders, technical product managers, and / or architects to resolve the long-term viability of systems/products, from business and technology standpoints.
- Communicates ideas effectively, verbally and in writing, to a wide range of audiences, including Directors and VPs. Champions a constructive dialogue, harmonizes discordant views, and leads the resolution of issues.
- Decomposes significantly sophisticated problems into straight-forward solutions. Consistently brings strong, data-driven business, and technical judgment to decisions.
- Identifies core problems or opportunities within business processes. Understands the root cause and impacts for the project and other teams.
- Removes bottlenecks to enable your team(s) to work independently. Drives team members to proactively identify gaps and opportunities (e.g., services, workflows, tooling) within or between markets and other parts of the organization.
- Invests time to mentor junior technical product managers to refine their capabilities and close skill gaps. Works closely with fellow TPM's and leads by example.
- Responsible for the "Build, Test, Deploy" and "Operate & Manage" capabilities within the operations cloud platform engineering functions.
Responsible for codifying standards and guardrails, packaging, self-service, automation and continuous improvement of the cloud platform operationsQualifications:
- Willingness and ability to live the McDonald’s values every day: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community, and Family.
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical products, driving clarity, understanding and discussing technical concepts, managing tradeoffs, and evaluating potential concepts with internal and external partners
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop project cases, and measure success.
- Strong in problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, tied with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data, and industry trends.
- Good presentation and writing skills, with the skills to translate theory into practical application.
- Understand customer centricity, and lead products with that demeanor.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in change and design initiatives, covering areas such as cloud, operations, technology, and product development.
- Experience collaborating with channel partners, systems integrators, and third-parties to deliver and manage implementation of solutions.
- Certification: Azure Fundamentals Certification and/or AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification.
- Experience in one or more of the following: cloud infrastructure, SaaS, large data sets, security and privacy, development and operations, or artificial intelligence/machine learning.
- Associate-level cloud certifications (AWS or Azure) and willingness to complete and pass a professional level security certification within 12 months.
- Professional-level cloud certifications (AWS or Azure) or related.
- A solid grasp of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- A good understanding of bash, python, or other programming languages.
- 8+ years of technical product management or demonstrable experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 6+ years relevant experience partnered with a Master’s degree.
- Experience working on technical teams that manage an important product and/or a suite of products.
- Experience communicating with leadership and setting expectations for major multi-functional initiatives.
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.