Technical Product Manager - Change & Release
McDonald's evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first and demonstrates our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the critical role technology plays as the best-in-class, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technologies, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day!
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of innovation specialists who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of groundbreaking opportunities for the business. We take on technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge! This provides access to compelling career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
As the Technical Product Manager of Change and Release, you will be responsible for driving continuous improvement, enabling automation, and facilitating adoption of standards to ensure that teams are deploying highly available and fault-tolerant code. You will also collaborate with teams to proactively determine process and quality gaps behind critical issues in production that are the consequences of changes.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the transformation of infrastructure and operations products and services to the entire McDonalds environment.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the integration and maintenance of tools and process. Enable the governance of change standards using automation for a fast-paced systems ecosystem.
- Evaluate and monitor the impact of changes on service levels and operational performance
- Proactively identify quality gaps behind critical issues in production that are the consequences of changes.
- Continuously improve change and release management processes, incorporating industry best practices
- Work cross-functionally with broader ITSM team to enhance overall ITSM processes.
- Work with the development team to identify and connect their DevOps practices to the change management automation and tooling.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to ensure that security and compliance are considered by change automation and standards.
- Implement disaster recovery and business continuity compliance gates in the change management approval automation and governance.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of DevOps automation and modern deployment tools such as AWS DevOps, Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Argo CD, Harness.
- Significant experience partnering with service providers and providing feedback on work you're doing.
- Experience with leading service providers in integrating various systems with cloud-based platforms, such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools, such as Terraform, CloudFormation, or Ansible.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Leadership: Experience ins leading cross-functional teams and managing change initiatives required)
- Communication: The ability to convey complex technical information clearly to various customers, including team members, executives, and non-technical staff.
- Problem solving: Strong analytical skills and detail orientation to identify issues and develop effective solutions, while considering the broader impact on the organization.
- Continuous Learning: An attitude of ongoing learning and improvement, staying updated with industry trends, standard methodologies, and new technologies
- Highly collaborative, results-oriented, and adaptable to rapidly evolving work environment
- Knowledge of monitoring & observability tools such as New Relic or similar solutions for monitoring application and system performance
- Familiarity with containerization platforms like Docker and orchestration tools like Kubernetes for managing and deploying containerized applications
- Knowledge of testing methodologies such as unit testing, integration testing, and regression testing to ensure quality releases
- Understanding of rollback, backup, and recovery strategies to ensure data integrity and system availability during and after releases
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.