Technical Product Analyst
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald's Global Impact team is aligned around a mission to make McDonald’s one of the most respected, trusted, and admired brands in the world. We will do this through actions to drive responsible business growth, investments to foster community, values-based advocacy, and compelling communications that matter to our customers, our System and our global partners. Read more about our Purpose & Impact here.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
This Technical Product Analyst role is part of GTIO Cloud Ecosystem and reports to the Director of Data Reliability and Delivery (DRD). This person, in partnership with product managers and architects in DRD, is responsible for translating product/service data into key performance indicators, measured progress against objectives and key results, and run-ops tracking of forecast to spend. This person will also be supporting our Data Architecture and Strategy team in working with the larger Global Technology organization and integrating their needs into DRD product release schedules.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technology leader to help shape the transformation of infrastructure and operations products and services to the entire McDonalds environment.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Contributes to features from ideation through implementation and through maintenance and support.
- Has input into the functional design of the business requirements in a manner well understood by the developers and provide acceptance criteria.
- Writes epics, user stories, acceptance criteria in automation scripts and participate in all agile events of the product group as a team member.
- Collaborates with other product teams, technical architects, developers, and tech leads to understand the technology roadmap for modernization.
- Verifies the results of testing and raise defects/issues against the features owned.
- Supports the end-to-end testing of the feature and provides sign-off for the code release into production.
- Validates the production release by working with business users utilizing test accounts in production environment.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with multiple diverse stakeholders across the company.
- Understands customer issues, converting them into problem statements and provides out of box solutions thru design thinking.
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Passion for online and mobile technology, and knowledge of industry structure, trends and influential companies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: able to present facts, thoughts, and ideas in a clear, concise, and manner to senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capabilities working in Jira and Confluence.
- Knowledgeable about software development / programming due to the technical nature of the role.
- Has some experience in change and design initiatives, covering areas such as operations, IT, and product development.
- Experience in writing SQL or NoSQL queries and/or designing reports with either relational data or big data.
- Experience with MS Power Platform (Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate) or equivalent low-code platforms
- Experience in user centric designs to drive the right customer journey outcomes.
- 2+ years of product execution / technical business analyst experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or associate’s degree with 4+ years of equivalent experience.
- Experience defining user experience needs, writing epics, stories, and acceptance criteria in any automation scripting language such as Gherkin etc.
- Direct experience working in an Agile team.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting user research.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.