Technical Product Analyst - Restaurant Systems Management
McDonald's evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first and demonstrates our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the critical role technology plays as the best-in-class, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technologies, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day!
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of innovation specialists who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of groundbreaking opportunities for the business. We take on technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge! This provides access to compelling career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.Job Description:
This is an exciting opportunity for an expert technology leader to help craft the transformation of infrastructure and operations products and services to the entire McDonalds environment.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Analyze and evaluate hardware product offerings to ensure they meet customer needs and stay ahead of the competition.
- Gather and analyze market data, customer feedback, and technical specifications to provide input to develop product roadmaps and requirements.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to ensure that product design, development, and delivery meet our standards for quality and usability.
- Collaborate with other product teams, technical architects, developers, and tech leads to understand the technology roadmap for modernization of restaurant hardware.
- Technical Expertise: develop a good understanding of the restaurant hardware ecosystem and considerations when defining technical specifications for new or enhanced hardware solutions.
- Work with engineering teams to make sure that hardware standards are crafted and developed to meet end-user requirements and are delivered on time and on budget.
- Develop and maintain product documentation, including technical specifications and installation guides (coordinating with Learning & Development for training materials where appropriate).
- Provide technical support to customers and internal teams as needed.
- Identify and evaluate new product opportunities based on market trends, customer feedback, and technical feasibility.
- Contribute to hardware test planning and execution.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with multiple diverse collaborators across the company.
- Understand customer issues, converting them into problem statements and providing out of box solutions using design thinking.
- Manage the Jira workflow for assigned products, acting as the scrum master to ensure team is applying agile standard methodologies and conducting ceremonies such as sprint planning
- Willingness and ability to live the McDonald’s values every day: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community, and Family.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to use data and metrics to drive decision-making.
- Excellent collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively in multi-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical solutioning activities, driving clarity, understanding, and discussion of technical concepts, managing trade-offs, and evaluating potential concepts with internal and external partners.
- Familiarity with product development processes and methodologies, including agile and waterfall.
- Experience working independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good attention to detail and a dedication to producing high-quality work.
- Passion for emerging technology and real-world applications, and relationships with restaurant hardware solutions. Desire to develop a deep knowledge of the McDonald’s restaurant hardware portfolio, including servers, peripheral devices, screens, and third-party technology solutions such as digital menu boards and drive thru audio systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: able to present facts, thoughts, and ideas in a clear, concise manner to senior collaborators.
- Knowledge of software design and development.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Technical knowledge of hardware solutions, including an understanding of hardware components, systems, and technologies.
- Has some experience in change and design initiatives, covering areas such as operations, IT, and product development.
- Experience in writing SQL or NoSQL queries and/or crafting reports with either relational data.
- Experience in user centric designs to drive the right customer journey outcomes.
- Experience defining user experience needs, writing epics, stories, and acceptance criteria.
- Proven track record of working in Jira and Confluence.
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.