Technical Consultant, Restaurant Operations Hardware Solutions
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and leverages our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the important role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
The Restaurant Operations Hardware Tech Consultant’s role is to support the Restaurant Operations Hardware team in defining, prioritizing and working toward the goals of the functions’ roadmap. This role reports to the Technical Product Manager - Hardware Solutions and will provide foundational support to the team through market and supplier opportunity and solution exploration. This hire will assist with market needs analysis and solutioning, including the standard restaurant operations hardware catalogue management and end point OS upgrade processes.
The tech consultant will also analyse product portfolio data, analyse ROI and cost implications of new hardware standards, and assist with product roadmap development and backlog management.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technology leader to help shape the transformation of restaurant operations hardware and related services for the global McDonalds system.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Partner with internal engineering, suppliers, market teams, and third-party consulting partners to plan for and provide operating system (OS) and hardware upgrade plans for restaurant operations hardware, including servers and peripheral devices.
- Partner with engineering teams, suppliers, vendor management office, and internal sourcing teams to analyze, recommend, and certify new hardware standards to support restaurant operations globally (servers, endpoints / peripherals, cameras, printers, server rack, etc).
- Assist in management and supervision of security patch image creation / distribution
- Assist with hardware certification, related to assigned hardware portfolio.
- Assist in "gold build" creation and certification for new hardware, including specific OS and drivers.
- Update global restaurant hardware catalogue as needed.
- Author and manage market communications for patching, upgrades, end of sale (EOS), end of life (EOL), and related events.
- Using data insights, and working with the relevant supplier, develop recommendations for new or replacement hardware and OS/driver upgrades to support restaurant operations (lifecycle management).
- Work in an Agile environment and continuously review business needs, refine priorities, outline milestones and deliverables, and identify opportunities and risks related to hardware product portfolio.
- Translate product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Support platform lead in maintaining the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of partners.
- Develop and maintain appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future investment.
- Ensure vendor performance against expectations and standards. Create and monitor feedback mechanisms that evaluate supplier performance.
- Willingness and ability to live the McDonald’s values every day: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community, and Family.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to use data and metrics to drive decision-making.
- Excellent collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively in multi-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical products, driving clarity, understanding, and discussion of technical concepts, managing tradeoffs, and evaluating potential concepts with internal and external partners.
- Familiarity with product development processes and methodologies, including agile and waterfall.
- Experience working with engineering teams to develop and deliver high-quality products.
- Work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good attention to detail and a commitment to producing high-quality work.
- Passion for emerging technology and real-world applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: able to present facts, thoughts, and ideas in a clear, concise manner to senior partners.
- Pro-active mindset and approach to work, with the ability to read between the lines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in Jira and Confluence.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience and working knowledge of servers and general PC based end points, as well peripheral devices.
- Experience and working knowledge of operating system (OS) image creation and patching for local devices across globally distributed footprint.
- Experience working in a distributed retail, hospitality, or similar physical technology environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Configuration Manager (SCCM) or similar software delivery mechanisms.
- Proven technical product management or relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree.
- Displayed experience working with technology hardware, such as servers, monitors, POS terminals, kiosks, or other peripheral devices.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting user research and translating into solution requirements.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4958Q_743999929413098
- Information Technology