Technical Analyst, Systems Managment Tooling
McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day: in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
What is the purpose of this role?
The Technical Analyst, Systems Management Tooling will serve as a Systems Administrator for the various toolsets associated with Running Great Restaurant Technologies. Technologies include, but are not limited to, monitoring and telemetry software, Restaurant Asset Management Software and Configuration Management software.
What team will I be part of?
Running Great Restaurant Technology
* The Technical Analyst, Systems Management Tooling will operate as part of Asset and Configuration Management team within the Running Great Restaurant Technology function and will support the wider Technology and Change function
* The role will also work closely with counterparts in other Leading International Operational Markets (LIOM) as well as the market Deployment and Service Operations teams to ensure the timely deployment and testing and smooth operation
Who will my customers be?
* Restaurants and Franchisees
* Global Technology
* Service Operations
* Cyber Security
* Supplier Management
* Deployment and Testing
* Adoption & Innovation
* Suppliers and Partners
What will my key accountabilities be?
- Install and configure systems management software for the UK&I market
- Test images and hardware performance to ensure it is ready for rollout
- Provide technical support to the wider Asset & Configuration Management team
- Deployment of o/s and firmware patches
- Ensuring CMDB data accuracy
- Ensure security and efficiency of IT infrastructure
- Monitor system performance and troubleshoot issues
- Identify system requirements and install upgrades
- Ongoing systems administration and localisation to meet with local market and regulatory requirements
- Create backup and safeguard the data and regularly validate the data integrity
- Perform account setup for new and old employees I accordance with joiners, movers and leavers process. As appropriate manage permissions and privileged accounts
- Work closely with colleagues in global to understand and plan for emerging technologies and implement them within the organisation to agreed milestones
What background do I need to have?
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Expertise within the McDonald’s UK&I portfolio of Systems Management tools
- Knowledge of different operating systems (Microsoft, Unix, Linux, etc.)
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving mindset
- Critical thinking
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to present complex or highly technical issues in simple and easy-to-understand formats
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
* VMware Certified Professional 6-Data Center Virtualization
* Oracle Linux System Administrator (Oracle)
* ITIL® Certification
* Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere."
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4099N_743999893932633