Tech Financial Planning Supervisor, US Technology
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale. Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
The Technology Governance Team was established to address one of the Global IT key pillars - Keep Systems Up and Running. This group will deliver greater technology governance through active management of the US technology investments and continuous improvement of all elements of the US technology platform.
This specific role within the team offers an individual the opportunity to continue to transform the Technology Investment financial and analytics platform. This role is responsible for the US Technology accounting structure, monthly owner operator technology investment (Billing) processes, managing global technology chargebacks and operational services including contract management, accounts payable support and managing special projects related to technology finance. It provides an opportunity to develop skills in the areas of reporting, data management, communications, technology/financial systems, influencing and building key relationships. The individual will develop a solid understanding of the U.S. business and how technology is enabling the growth strategy and will participate in efforts to drive management efficiencies across U.S. Technology.
Key customers include multi-functional teams across the entire Global Technology organization, US and Global Finance, US and Global Tech Strategy, VMO and Global Planning and Alignment.
- Maintain the P&L and Balance Sheet accounting structure to support US Opex and Capex technology spend
- Responsible for reconciling the $150M technology investment balance sheet
- Partner with global finance on assessing technology product lifecycles and managing fixed asset ledger
- Maintain the process for invoicing technology investment including reviewing new technology deployment reporting and adjusting fees as necessary
- Responsible for contract review and approval process in partnership with Legal, Vendor Management Office (VMO) and Global Workforce Management GWS
- Maintaining the relationship with McDonald’s global finance organization regarding the technology chargeback process
- Responsible for ensuring all technology invoices are processed on time using McDonald’s systems
- Partner with global tax department to resolve any changes to state technology tax laws that may impact technology investment (billing)
- SME on all special projects that require technology finance expertise
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance preferred with 1-3 years’ experience required
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
Additional Skills, System/Tool Experience, Other Optional Requirements:
- Highly proficient with MS Office including Excel, Power Point, Word
- Knowledge of PowerBI and SmartSheet a plus
- Technology finance and project management experience a plus
- Experience dealing with a large amount of data
- Strong verbal and written communication and influencing skills with ability to communicate effectively with customers at a variety of levels and across multiple functions
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to anticipate customer needs
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize contending priorities
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.