Tech Financial Planning Manager
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale. Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
The Global Technology Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Team was established to deliver greater visibility into the cost of technology through active management of our Global Technology investments across multiple technology platforms and products.
This specific role within the Global Technology team offers an individual the opportunity to continue to transform the technology finance and analytical platform. The role is responsible for the processes and technology that support our Global Technology Investment. It provides an opportunity to develop skills in the areas of reporting analytics, data management, project financial management, communication, technology/financial systems, influencing and building key relationships. The individual will develop a strong understanding of McDonald’s Global Technology business and participate in efforts to drive efficiencies across the entire organization.
Key customers include cross-functional technology teams across the entire Globe, US and Global Finance, and Global Technology Strategy and Planning.
- Create baseline for total cost of tech products for a group of products using the cost taxonomy and mapping input
- Conduct tech product level analysis for historical trends, variances, components of spend etc.
- Conduct tech product-level forecasts of spend and identify outliers
- Flag risks to the business for tech product costs including cost elements increasing rapidly
- Create tech product level unit cost analysis
- Identify business opportunities that may surface based on data analytic trends in baseline and tech product costs
- Work with product owners / TL to periodically share tech product TCO, refine it, and highlight areas of improvement
- Work with chargeback and recovery team to inform chargeback / recover of tech product cost
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting with 5+ years’ experience with Multi-Project Financial Management and/or Finance Planning
- Strong understanding of technology cost stack, analytics, and unit costs
- Ability to deliver high-quality outputs quickly, reliably, and with attention to detail
- Significant statistical analysis and reporting experience with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to quickly learn new skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers at a variety of levels and across multiple functions
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to anticipate customer needs
- A self-starter that proactively seeks to streamline / optimize processes
- A good understanding of the following:
- Market Charges Guide Development Process
- Chargeback Operations Processes
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Excel Modeling experience preferred
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4496B_743999899306323
- Information Technology