Tech Consultant, Restaurant Hardware Logistics Lifecycle
McDonald's evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first and demonstrates our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the critical role technology plays as the best-in-class, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technologies, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day!
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of innovation specialists who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of groundbreaking opportunities for the business. We take on technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge! This provides access to compelling career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
The Restaurant Hardware Logistics Lifecycle Tech Consultant is part of the Restaurant Infrastructure & Operations team, reporting to the Senior Manager, Restaurant Hardware Lifecycle Management. This individual will be responsible for coordinating with our markets and other stakeholders to effectively manage the implementation, support, asset tracking, and disposal of hardware assets, including point-of-sale (POS) systems, servers, network infrastructure, and other in-restaurant technology devices. This individual will partner closely with the Vendor and Service Management Offices, Global Sourcing, and Market Technical teams to ensure accurate tracking and delivery of assets across all markets for all restaurant hardware and software assets.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technology leader to help shape the transformation of Restaurant Infrastructure and Operations and related services for the global McDonalds system.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Assess current state tools, people, and processes used by each market (country) to receive, install, technically support, and dispose of restaurant hardware technology.
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive restaurant technology hardware and software asset management strategy that aligns with the company's goals and objectives. Think outside the box to consider new hardware/software lifecycle management opportunities available at global scale that can be used to reduce cost and complexity.
- Define restaurant asset management requirements as input to the design of a new CMDB (configuration management database) and associated reporting capabilities.
- Provide continuous reporting on asset lifecycles to customer-facing and back-office solution owners.
- Define and implement processes and procedures to support the hardware and software asset lifecycles and provide training to support technicians and other stakeholders.
- Author and manage market communications as part of the asset lifecycle framework.
- Responsibilities may also include restaurant software asset management, including Oracle, Microsoft, and McDonald’s proprietary tools that run on restaurant hardware.
- Monitor industry trends and developments in hardware and software asset management, identifying opportunities for process improvement and cost savings.
- Partner with Global Sourcing and the Vendor Management Office to collaborate with vendors and service providers to negotiate contracts, service level agreements, and maintenance/support agreements.
- Provide timely and accurate reports and metrics on restaurant hardware and software asset management activities, including asset utilization, cost analysis, compliance, and risk assessments.
- Using data insights, develop recommendations for continuous improvement of hardware asset lifecycle strategy and execution.
- Ensure vendor performance against expectations and standards. Create and monitor feedback mechanisms that evaluate supplier performance.
- Work in an Agile environment and continuously review business needs, refine priorities, outline milestones and deliverables, and identify opportunities and risks related to hardware and software product portfolios.
- Translate product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
Maintain the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of stakeholders.Qualifications:
- Willingness and ability to live the McDonald’s values every day: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community, and Family.
- Experience with hardware asset management, preferably in a distributed physical environment such as restaurants, hotels, or retail. Experience with software asset lifecycle management a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to use data and metrics to drive decision-making.
- Excellent collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical products, driving clarity, understanding, and discussion of technical concepts, managing tradeoffs, and evaluating potential concepts with internal and external partners.
- Familiarity with product development processes and methodologies, including agile and waterfall.
- Experience working with engineering teams to develop and deliver high-quality products.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to producing high-quality work.
- Passion for emerging technology and real-world applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: able to present facts, thoughts, and ideas in a clear, concise manner to senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work in Jira and Confluence.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI
- Experience with Service Now (Asset and Configuration Management, Reports, Dashboards)
- Experience with demand management for enterprise software, such as Microsoft, Oracle and other Enterprise tools
- Experience with asset management and logistics processes on a global scale.
- Experience and working knowledge of servers and peripheral devices.
- Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Windows lifecycle management.
- Experience working in a distributed retail, hospitality, or similar physical technology environment.
- 5+ years of technical product management or relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years relevant experience with a Master’s degree.
- 2+ years of experience of asset management for technology hardware, such as servers, monitors, POS terminals, kiosks, or other peripheral devices.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting user research and translating into solution requirements.
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.