Supplier Manager - Technology
McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day: in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
This role is based in our East Finchley office working 3 days in the office and 2 days remotely.
The opportunity You will be responsible for managing all key local suppliers within the specific supplier management category as a member of the Running Great Restaurants team (RGRT). There are 4 specific categories: People Technology, Customer and Restaurant, Corporate and Infrastructure & Office.
This role will be responsible for ensuring that McDonald’s suppliers are providing robust, resilient and service-focused solutions that continuously improve, innovate and ultimately deliver maximum value. You will contribute to enhancing the framework of practices that govern management of supplier relationships.
What will my accountabilities be?
- Provide leadership to foster a high-performing culture aligned with the company values
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to members of your team, ensuring that all individuals have strong development plans, a path for career progression and a succession plan
- Work closely with the Supplier Selection & Contracts Consultant to provide strategic supplier management governance, audit and compliance framework and commercial negotiations for any new or extended service contracts
- Defining, agreeing and implementing supplier performance criterias
- Accountable for working closely with the Deployment and Testing team & Service Operations team to ensure a smooth transition of all local services into production with established support models
- Support the Technology Adoption and Innovation team to ensure corporate and restaurant teams are ready to receive any changes in terms of training and business process enhancements & that sufficient engagement has taken place so the full benefits are realised
- Set standards with our suppliers to ensure they are held accountable for delivering excellent design, change, operations and continual improvement which focuses on the health, hygiene and innovation of their products
- Measure supplier performance, address non-compliance, escalate significant issues, drive recovery plans and if necessary, amend contracts utilising dashboards and scorecards
- Conduct structured and regular service reviews with our suppliers using global Vendor Management Office (VMO) scorecards and tooling to objectively validate performance, tracking actions on the Continual Improvement Register and implementing service improvement plans where required
- Communicate regularly with internal stakeholders to report on supplier and team performance and align priorities
- Maintain product roadmaps with stakeholder input and a prioritised backlog which aligns with business priorities and budget
- Manage expenditure ensuring that all financial targets are met, investigating any risk areas where budgets and expenditure may exceed their agreed tolerances and report these. Ensure accurate allocation and apportionment of all incurred costs
- Provide inputs for contract review, renewal and/or termination
What team will I be a part of?
The Supplier Manager(s) will operate within the Supplier Management team and as part of the Running Great Restaurant Technology department.
Who are my customers?
- Customers of this role will include:
- Supplier Management team
- Global Vendor Management Office
- Our franchisees
- Our suppliers
- Department Heads and Directors from across the business
- Colleagues in other McDonald’s markets and those working in global and segment
What background do I need to have?
- Experience in negotiating large commercial contracts and tenders and be familiar with related legal constructs
- Experience of managing suppliers with contract budgets
- Commercially astute with proven track record
- Experience in strategic planning, implementing governance, communications, and financial management
- Proven track record of successful team leadership and development
- Significant experience in managing a diverse and broad range of technology suppliers; setting standards and driving continuous improvement in the availability and performance of their products
- Ability to interpret data and present back to suppliers and stakeholders in an appropriate format and level of detail
- Ability to interact and converse with senior technology stakeholders both internally and externally
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills and commercial acumen and possess a proven ability to work effectively with all organisational levels
- The role holder will be able to build collaborative working relationships with suppliers and their stakeholders including McDonald’s Franchisees and our partners
- Experience of building and maintaining product roadmaps and prioritised backlog
- Share information, good practice and expertise with others
- Use persuasive logic to win support or change views
- Deliver difficult/unpopular messages with clarity and diplomacy
- Listen actively and objectively
- Respond to and discuss issues
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere."
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF5328Z_743999956030066
- Information Technology