Supervisor, Workplace Investigations Team
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
McDonald’s currently has an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join the newly formed Workplace Investigations Team. This position has been identified as a business critical role responsible for conducting workplace misconduct investigations under the supervision of the Director - Workplace Investigations Team, contributing to continued culture change throughout our organization. This role will be a member of the Global Labor and Employment Team, and partner closely with other Legal Teams, US HR Team and Center HR Team.
In this role, you will:
- Complete thorough and high-quality investigations into low/medium complexity cases from start to finish, including conducting interviews, reviewing data and documents, preparing reports, consulting attorneys, and engaging with the business.
- Assist more senior investigators with medium/high complexity cases, which could include scheduling and conducting interviews, reviewing data and documents, preparing reports, consulting attorneys, and engaging with the business.
- Leverage a consistent framework to recommend action outcomes.
- Collaborate with other team members to refine or improve Workplace Investigations Team processes.
- Display strong time-management skills with the ability to identify and efficiently prioritize critical and/or sensitive investigations
- Promote diversity and inclusion in the department and team and encourage the sharing of diverse opinions and concerns.
- Foster a culture of trust, values, respect, and accountability within the team.
- Up to 25% travel required.
**External candidates MUST be local to Chicago MHQ, Internals can be remote**Qualifications:
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- BA/BS in applicable field - such as Human Resources, Law, Compliance, Criminal Justice preferred
- 1+ years’ experience in conducting workplace misconduct investigations (including leading interviews), such as harassment, discrimination, retaliation, workplace violence, and wage and hour issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence
- Excellent skills in managing sensitive situations
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Objective thinker with strong ethics
- Ability to be a partner and trusted advisor to key stakeholder, team player
- Spanish speaking skills preferred
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.