Supervisor, U.S. System Communications
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us. McDonald's Global Impact team is aligned around a vision to make McDonald’s famous for our positive impact on people and the planet. We will do this through actions to drive responsible business growth, investments to cultivate community, values-based advocacy, and compelling communications that matter to our customers, our System and our global partners. Read more about our Purpose & Impact here.
This role sits within the U.S. Business Communications team that is a pivotal part of the North American Impact team alongside Government Relations, Sustainability & ESG, and Philanthropy.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, System Communications, McDonald’s is seeking a Supervisor to join the U.S. System Communications team. This position will support in the management and execution of our channel strategy in the U.S., ensuring the entire McDonald’s System is informed of the business plan and all key initiatives. They will supervise the implementation of a handful of channels, including a regular System-wide newsletter.
- Manage our channels. Our channels include email communications to the McDonald’s U.S. System, recurring digital newsletters, U.S. intranet website, and digital collaboration platforms such as Workplace by Meta. In collaboration with the Manager, System Communications, the Supervisor will act as an advisor to the business providing strategic recommendations on when and how to distribute information based on our channel strategy and the guidelines set for each channel. The Supervisor will be responsible for collecting, editing, and finalizing content and, in certain cases, will also draft the content.
- Lead all aspects of a U.S. System editorial calendar in collaboration with the Manager, System Communication. This includes outlining upcoming communications, updating the calendar to reflect changes, and distributing calendar to relevant stakeholders.
- Manage key System convenings such as Employee Town Halls, System Webcasts, etc. This includes agency management and working collaboratively with the U.S. Enterprise Communications team to ensure consistent messaging.
- Support the effort to develop and implement integrated, communications strategies and messaging for the U.S. System.
- Be a key point of contact for communicating issues to the U.S. System when they arise. Collaborate with key partners across the business to distribute System-wide alerts as needed.
- Find new ways to tell our stories. Use a suite of creative, new, and different platforms (including but not limited to graphics, web, multimedia, and written formats) to drive system awareness and engagement.
- Establish relationships, serve as a trusted advisor. Successfully navigate our sophisticated system, establishing relationships within U.S. Business Communications team and beyond, improving our ability to stay connected and influence communications-related decisions.
- Turn insights into action. Leverage all available metrics/data points to understand the efficacy of our communications strategies and make recommendations regarding ways to continue to evolve our approach to meet system needs and drive business results.
- Accept (and thrive through) change. Recognize the fact that in a complex system like ours the only constant is change. Be flexible and support revision of communications processes, protocols, and products to best support the current - and constantly evolving - business environment.
- Experience in an internal communications role, either in-house or at an agency. External communications experience is a plus.
- Process oriented. Understands the importance of consistency in implementing processes and protocols, including but not limited to coordinating, consolidating, and distributing communications.
- Self-starter. Strong sense of initiative, focused on results; ability to lead multiple, simultaneous projects and, at times, within ambiguous and undefined circumstances. Able to find opportunities and initiate appropriate action to address them.
- Modern, creative communicator. Experienced in design and digital communications platforms (including platforms such as Adobe Creative Suite, Unily, Brightcove, Poppulo, and Yammer).
- Experienced multi-tasker. Ability to run several projects and teams within a finite timeline and across the system/functions. Experience rapidly shifting gears to accommodate changes and incorporate new information with minimal disruption.
- Data-driven. Passionate about insights, what they tell us about our business and how they impact our work.
- Relationship-obsessed. Understands the importance of developing relationships with key stakeholders, including experience working with all levels of management and staff.
- Storyteller. Excellent written and oral communications skills, including an ability to convey complex issues in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.