Supervisor, Operations Analytics
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.Job Description:
We are seeking a supervisor - Data Science and Applied Analytics for our US Operations Analytics organization.
- Transform data patterns into actionable insights.
- Demonstrate proficiencies in framing problems, creating "Design of Analysis" and executing effectively.
- Collaborate with the data quality team to ensure clean, accurate, and consistent data.
- Build and maintain data quality checks, identify and resolve data quality issues in coordination with other teams.
- Develop data visualizations that enable business users to interpret data easily and quickly.
- Collaborate with the Global Technology team, specifically the DBA team, to understand new systems.
- Partner with the Data Governance team to enhance data capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Advanced Analytics, Problem Solving, or similar. Equivalent work experience will also be considered.
- Internship(s) in applied data science.
- Strong foundation in programming skills such as Python or Spark.
- Proficient in SQL. Solid understanding of relational and multi-dimensional database architecture.
- Experience with general data pipelining techniques utilizing SAS/JMP, Python and other similar platforms.
- Understanding of modern machine learning techniques.
- Experience working with data scientists for feature engineering and exploratory data analysis.
- Self-starter with a high level of intellectual curiosity.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving mindset.
- Ability to build trust and rapport, creating a comfortable and effective workplace.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and proactive in problem-solving.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.