Supervisor, Impact Reporting
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.
At McDonald’s, our purpose is to feed and foster communities. As the leading global foodservice retailer, we believe in using our size and influence as a responsible business - and engaging with McDonald’s customers, employees, Franchisees, suppliers and partners - to make a positive impact on people, communities and the planet. We’re proud of the work we do to help make a difference through responsible business growth, and will continue working to deliver progress in the communities in which we operate.
McDonald's Global Impact team is aligned around a mission to make McDonald’s one of the most respected, trusted, and admired brands in the world. We will do this through actions to drive responsible business growth, investments to foster community and sustainability, values-based advocacy, and compelling communications that matter to our customers, our System and our global stakeholders (read more about our Purpose & Impact here).Job Description:
Within Global Impact, the Sustainability & ESG Center of Excellence oversees McDonald’s enterprise social and environmental impact strategies, goals, and commitment to transparency, partnering with teams around McDonald’s and beyond to drive responsible growth, industry-wide transformation, risk mitigation and resiliency for our System and communities. Together with our partners, we take a forward-looking and collaborative approach in responding to the latest science and industry trends, listening to the advice and expectations of key stakeholders, and staying in line with evolving regulation. This includes:
- Managing enterprise strategies and partnerships related to our people and communities - advancing diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for key stakeholders internally and externally; protecting and respecting human rights; and taking care of our communities through engagement, volunteering and philanthropy, especially in times of need.
- Managing enterprise strategies and partnerships related to our food and planet impact - nutrition and choice across the menu; responsible sourcing practices; how we design and operate restaurants for a more sustainable customer and employee experience; and how we drive circularity, climate action, water stewardship and nature-based solutions to ensure the long-term resiliency of our communities and the ecosystems we depend on.
- Measuring and communicating progress transparently on key impact metrics and business insights related to priority Environmental, Social and Governance ("ESG") issues, risks and growth opportunities.
The Supervisor of Impact Reporting will play a key role in delivering McDonald’s reporting and engagement on priority environmental, social and governance issues, partnering closely with the Impact Reporting Managers during peak disclosure season. The Supervisor will also be responsible for developing enterprise responses to ESG and Impact-related shareholder inquiries and proposals.
- Support timely delivery of McDonald’s annual Purpose & Impact (ESG) reporting (voluntary/non-regulated), and related internal and external engagements.
- Partner with Impact Reporting Managers in delivering holistic purpose, impact & ESG content for owned, voluntary reporting channels (e.g Purpose & Impact website, PDF reports), as well as disclosures for Annual Report (10-K) and Proxy Statement according to internal processes and controls for ESG data integrity.
- Maintain internal inventory of ESG Disclosure metrics across all ESG External Reports.
- Lead annual company completion of prioritized ESG surveys, including CDP and other issue-specific submissions.
- Monitor and provide updates and feedback to third party ratings and rankings referencing public disclosures, such as ISS, Sustainalytics, CHRB, Bloomberg GEI, MSCI, JUST Capital and more when relevant.
- Support partner teams in ensuring talking points, external communications and internal progress-tracking dashboards remain up-to-date and reflective of latest public disclosure metrics.
- Monitor evolving sector trends in corporate impact and ESG strategy, reporting, rankings, third party benchmarks, and regulations, preparing benchmarking annually to inform strategic discussions with subject matter experts and leadership.
- Manage company responses to ESG and Impact-related investor inquiries, supporting with leadership and stakeholder outreach, as needed.
- Lead cross-functional ESG Investor Inquiries working team responsible for drafting and responding to investor inquiries throughout the year; closely track and compile insights on inquiries received, surfacing trends to Chief Sustainability & Social Impact Officer bi-annually.
- As needed, arrange calls with investors to respond to ESG inquiries, coordinating with leadership and subject matter experts across the enterprise on talking points and follow-ups.
- Work closely with the Impact Reporting & ESG Governance Director and partner teams across the business to draft statements in opposition to shareholder proposals ahead of leadership reviews.
- Partner with Government Relations & Public Policy Center of Excellence to ensure efficient responses to additional stakeholders’ ESG inquiries, as needed.
- Detail-oriented, self-directed and business-minded communicator with a passion for ESG impact and continuous learning mindset
- Exceptional written, verbal and influencing communication skills, professionalism, flexibility, and personability
- Strong desire to work in a dynamic corporate environment, across leadership levels and with multiple cross-functional teams around the world.
- Demonstrated interest in ESG engagement with shareholders and/or on behalf of publicly traded companies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business, public policy, communications/public affairs, sustainability, ESG or a related discipline; preference for experience in global corporation
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.