Supervisor, Engineering Enablement
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale. Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
The Engineering Enablement Supervisor will lead a team of engineers to provide enablement services, including training, tools, and best practices, to improve effectiveness and efficiency within the Delivery Office. They will work closely with the engineering team and other stakeholders to identify areas for improvement and develop and implement solutions to address them.
- Develop and implement a program for training, tools, and best practices to support the professional development and growth of engineers within the Delivery Office.
- Collaborate with the engineering team and stakeholders to identify areas for improvement and develop solutions to address them.
- Maintain a training program that includes onboarding, skills development, and leadership training for the engineering team.
- Implement tools and processes to improve engineering efficiency and quality. Evaluate program effectiveness and recommend improvements as needed.
- Ensure compliance with relevant policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Support Delivery Office Leadership with resource allocation, forecasting, risk identification, and resource optimization reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering or related technical field, with experience in training and development, coaching, or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience managing teams and leading process improvement initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills and experience working with data to inform decision-making.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in software development tools, processes, and methodologies.
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of leading and developing hard-working, impactful teams.
- Attention to detail is highly critical for success in this role, including the ability to spot errors, inconsistencies, and inaccuracies in work.
- Candidate should be able to follow instructions in a detailed manner, double-check their work, and identify potential issues before they become problems.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4682U_743999907860966
- Information Technology