Supervisor, Business Insights - Measurement Intelligence
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
We are seeking a Supervisor, Business Insights to execute analytical activities and contribute to the development of a ‘single source of truth’ global reporting platform in support our overall business strategy and key reporting initiatives. In this role, you will leverage your expertise in data analysis, reporting, and visualization to create and drive continuous improvement of the Global Business Insights team’s suite of dashboards, reports, and tools. You will get to know the needs and preferences of our end-users, translate them into requirements for our development team, and ensure that the finished products solve problems and add value. Additionally, you will provide analytical support for global and market leadership across different functions in an ad hoc capacity and within existing reporting initiatives. The Business Insights team will actively serve as an advisory group of analytics authorities to help inform initiative owners, bringing to bear McDonald’s scale and advantaged access to data to continuously innovate the digital experience!
This role will report to the Snr Manager, Business Insights - Measurement Intelligence.
- Build and drive continuous improvement of a robust suite of performance management reports, and executive-level KPI scorecards for McDonald’s leadership
- Gather and write requirements for reports, self-service tools, and curated data exploration environments for global functional teams (e.g. Loyalty, Operations, Menu) and local Business Insights teams across the globe
- Serve as data and analytics thought partner to McDonald’s leadership and functional teams, providing ongoing analytical support as needed
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative metrics to detect and communicate impactful insights across multiple data domains (sales, transactions, product mix, market share, customer satisfaction, and more)
- Contribute analyses to the Quarterly Business Review (QBR) and other team deliverables
- Actively monitor market trends and competitive dynamics
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (quantitative field preferred)
- Proven experience with 2-3 years in analytics or equivalent analytical experience
- Must be capable with SQL and possess strong/advanced Excel skills
- Experience with BI tools for data visualization a plus (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Looker)
- Deep analytical expertise with both quantitative and qualitative data
- Understanding of product management principles, methodologies, and standard processes, and a desire to build products using this framework. Ability to drive end-to-end product development, including conducting market research, defining customer requirements, crafting product specifications, and working with engineering and design teams to develop and launch new products and features.
- Strong experience working with large data sets and using tools for data analysis (e.g., Excel, SQL, Alteryx, Tableau)
- Skilled at data visualization and using data to tell a story
- An understanding of consumer-facing businesses, with emphasis on businesses with a digital component
- Strong communication and presentation skills, and ability to present findings from analysis to leadership
- An eye for business and customer experience with a deep understanding of what drives value creation and customer engagement
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.