Summer 2023 Supply Chain Internship
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the foodservice industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive-thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create a positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community, and family. From the support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry, and the planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance, and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remotely during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
Why You'll Want this Internship
Enjoy a flexible work environment where you can think critically and feed your need (and ours!) for innovation. After initial training, dive in with your full-time team to learn the business and enjoy robust programming including our Executive Speaker Series, Lunch and Learns with unique teams like Restaurant Architecture and Happy Meals, Employee Business Network sessions, and other training. We designed this internship to provide a smooth transition into McDonald’s so don’t worry - if you bring curiosity and work ethic, we will bring the know-how.
We believe we are #BetterTogether, so we encourage networking through Peer Lunches and mentorship from industry leaders who want you to succeed and take pride in guiding you to develop into a McDonald’s future leader.
In addition, the capabilities you will acquire set you up for a variety of career paths depending on your interests and strengths, and beginning your career in the McDonald’s Corporate Internship gives you early access to our full-time post-graduation opportunities.
The internship is for you if you’re interested in learning from a top, award-winning team and suppliers at a global, enterprise organization. You will learn about real business projects at both corporate and restaurant levels. Some of the teams that you could be interning on might be: Marketing, Technology & Corporate Services; Logistics, Happy Meal Toys & Packaging; Development, Equipment & Engineering; or Supplier Relationship Management. In addition to working with the supply chain team at our Headquarters, you'll also work closely with our suppliers and potentially do some site visits! We are looking for the best rising seniors to join us this summer who are willing to bring an interest in learning and strong work ethic to McDonald’s.Qualifications:
You are a strong candidate if you:
- Are a Junior working towards your Bachelor’s degree with a graduation date in Fall 2023 or Spring 2024
- Are pursuing a preferred major including: Supply Chain Management, Logistics, and other supply chain related degrees
- Demonstrate leadership and collaboration
- Take a strategic approach and think long-term with strong prioritization skills
- Can work Monday-Friday throughout the entire program June 5 - August 11
- Adapt strong communication skills based on your audience
- Passion for sustainability and utilizing our Scale for Good
- Prove a quantitative ability to calculate, interpret, and take action upon data
- Are committed to a culture of inclusiveness
- Want to impact the modern era of McDonald’s
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date
How You'll be Compensated
You’ll be lovin’ your benefits which will include:
- $25/Hour (Expect to work 40 hrs each week)
- Housing Stipend
- Use of our world-class headquarters and facilities (gym, company events, rooftop patio)
- Sponsored networking and social events
- Eligibility for Summer Hours
McDonald's Corporation and McDonald's USA, LLC (the "Company") are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company.
Please contact US-UniversityPrograms@us.mcd.com if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company.