Summer 2023 Global Marketing MBA Internship Program
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big daily and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that fosters innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to stay in touch with your team around the globe. With monthly organized events, massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites, our office helps us connect with each other like never before.Job Description:
Enjoy a flexible work environment where you can think critically and feed your need (and ours!) for innovation. After initial training, dive in with your full-time team to learn the business and enjoy robust programming including our Executive Speaker Series, Lunch and Learns with unique teams like Restaurant Architecture and Happy Meals, Employee Business Network sessions, and other training. We designed this internship to provide a smooth transition into McDonald’s so don’t worry - if you bring curiosity and work ethic, we will bring the know-how.
We believe we are #BetterTogether, so we encourage networking through Peer Lunches and mentorship from industry leaders who want you to succeed and take pride in guiding you to develop into a McDonald’s future leader.
In addition, the capabilities you will acquire set you up for a variety of career paths depending on your interests and strengths, and beginning your career in the McDonald’s Corporate Internship gives you early access to our full-time post-graduation opportunities
This summer role will sit within a functional team in Customer Experience focusing on Global Marketing teams like Menu Strategy, Strategy & Alignment, Customer Experience Innovation, or Brand Strategy.
This person will work closely with internal and external key stakeholders to navigate the organization and deliver on the challenge he or she has been asked to solve. Projects may potentially include work in:
* Personalized marketing, segmentation, and measurement analysis
* Offer Strategy
* Loyalty strategy
* Data and Innovation Strategy
* Personalizing the commerce journey
* Benchmarking and best practice research
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Business, Analytics or another relevant degree
- 3-5+ years in Marketing, Media, Management Consulting, Strategy, or other Data Analytics roles
- Have completed their first year of an MBA or Graduate Program and will be graduating as of Fall/Winter 2023 or Spring 2024
- Can work Monday-Friday during all 10 weeks of the internship June 5 - August 11
- Have work authorization and will not require visa sponsorship for future employment
- Data literate and the ability to turn data signals into consumer-driven marketing insights
- A true strategic and critical thinker
- Ability to work with the culture of big, complex organizations
- A person who is passionate to explore and test innovation
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
We are looking for intellectually curious problem-solvers that have a passion for marketing, technology, innovation and food and beverage. As a summer intern, you will help lead projects that help shape the future of McDonald’s. Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Enthusiasm for the Marketing and Innovation: Someone who can bring an infectious sense of interest and passion for general marketing. They will be part evangelist - introducing new ideas and suggesting atypical solutions
- Creativity: Someone who can suggest new ways of doing things and bring fresh, new thinking to the table to advance insights and ideas
- Leadership: Someone who can collaborate with and lead others whether it’s a hands-on implementation role or a strategic one, this person will be able to set policy and direction, and implement solutions
- Communication: Expresses complex ideas and positions in a clear, concise, and timely manner
- Upholds all of McDonald’s Standards of Business Conduct
How You’ll be Compensated
You’ll be lovin’ your compensation which will include:
- $50/hr for the 10-week program (up to 40 hours/week)
- Housing Stipend
- If on-site: Access to the McDonald’s Headquarters facilities (gym, company events, rooftop patio, Global Restaurant)
- Company-sponsored networking and social events
- May be eligible for Summer Hours schedule
McDonald's Corporation and McDonald's USA, LLC (the "Company") are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company.
Please contact US-UniversityPrograms@us.mcd.com if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company.