Strategy & Alignment Manager
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognised brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food and service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are passionate about modernising our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our outstanding team. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as an opportunity to have an impact on our customers, our people and our partners.Job Description:
As Strategy & Alignment Manager within the Future Readiness Team you will lead strategic alignment, strategic planning, reporting and adoption strategies. You will motivate teams to achieve the best possible outcomes, by aligning value, strategic change, and objective key results, driving deeper Global and Segment engagement. Fostering an inclusive and diverse environment, developing strategic plans and delivering them at scale via a complex, global organisation.
The role offers the opportunity to create partnerships across Global Technology and Lead IOM, including our Market leadership teams. Building positive relationships with external organisations to achieve and exceed strategic outcomes and continuously improve strategic execution, evolving our ways of working as our company grows.
What will my accountabilities be?
- Creation of Executive communications, storytelling, and regular business reporting to highlight key achievements, maintain influence and specify cross-functional areas of support
- Ensuring continuous alignment of Global Technology and Lead IOM Market strategies, and strategic programs
- Delivering internal campaigns that highlight strategic achievements
- Delivering strategic communications, uplifting engagement, ensuring alignment, and driving cross-functional participation
- Building and maintaining materials and creating opportunities to showcase strategies across both Global Technology and Lead IOM Market
- Managing the tools and processes to measure strategic delivery and change
- Developing leadership stakeholder analysis and management plans
- Developing, driving, and owning reporting forums and sessions
- Acting as both a change ambassador and practitioner for strategic goals
- Executing against a structured strategic planning and change management approach / framework for use within Lead IOM
- Creating and actively managing a support network across the segment
What Team will I be a part?
You will join the Strategy & Change team within the Lead IOM Future Readiness department, which forms part of Global Technology function. Our team is organised to support Lead IOMs and comprises of: Strategy & Change, Planning & Alignment, Data Enablement Technology Delivery, Digital and Restaurant Technology.
Who are my customers?
As a Strategy Manager you will have regular interaction with Global Technology teams, Lead IOM Market teams and the wider Lead IOM Market leadership and Segment teams (including the Future Readiness Team)
What background do I need to have?
To succeed in this high impact, high visibility role you must be a highly organised, self-driven, affable, customer focused leader. You will have a track record and ability to lead diverse virtual teams and have evidence of presenting and displaying excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Experience in business and performance management in a mixed in/outsourced environment/consulting.
- Proven experience leading matrix teams with demonstrated ability to rapidly establish diverse relationships.
- Ability to independently drive implementation of global strategic change management and communications with measurable results.
- Ability to effectively drive business, culture, and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment - and deliver value/benefits.
- Excellent change management and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication skills to engage all levels of stakeholder from leadership to entry-level.
- Ability to deliver complex disparate information in a clear, succinct way.
- Ability to coordinate, allocate, motivate, and manage resources and projects throughout multiple teams; build a feedback-rich environment that inspires and models the exchange of feedback.
- Strong diplomatic skills.
- Strong leadership skills with experience of working with leadership team.
- Work with energy and passion and can inspire the same in others.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, Smartsheet, Jira, Confluence, Miro, and other collaboration tools.
- To be willing to travel internationally and work hours to accommodate the multiple time zones in which we operate.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant role(s)
- Technology, Consultancy or Retail industries background
- Knowledge of Retail and Digital technologies
- Experience working in an agile team: industry recognised qualifications is a plus
At McDonalds we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonalds experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees, and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice, or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonalds or elsewhere.
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF5343H_743999927437803
- Information Technology