Strategic Initiatives Senior Manager
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Strategic Initiatives Senior Manager
Department: Business Insights
Position band: Management / Advisory (Global Grade 4)
Reports to: Business Insights Director
Type of position: Full-time, permanent
We currently have an opportunity for a Strategic Initiatives Senior Manager for our Business Insights department. In this role, you will be a key partner in evaluating and interpreting internal and industry trends, as well as delivering holistic thought leadership on critical business initiatives. The role will ensure ongoing understanding and foresight into business performance at macro as well as select portfolio level. Leveraging a balance of technical and consultative skills, you will collaborate with a range of cross-functional groups to:
- Provide guidance around business performance and outlook through frequent senior leadership engagement
- Oversee and evolve projection of business trajectory and key contributing factors
- Champion setting of corporate targets their calibration and reporting against them
- Partner on acceleration of key strategic portfolios (restaurant types and channels)
- Lead the development and adoption of new datasets and relevant tools / reporting to maximize business acumen
Who You Are
You are an objective and fact-based leader, with keen attention to detail. You are analytical by nature and have the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment to support internal and external parties. You work effectively in a fast paced and agile environment. If you are passionate on driving overall business results and you have a strong analytics and insights background, this could be for you!
What’s in it for you?
Our Business Insights team is dedicated to uncover and articulate meaningful insights that inspire robust long term strategy, market-leading growth and award-winning promotional programs. We strive to improve the guest experience with the goal of building deep connection with McDonald’s brand. We are on a journey to become one of the strongest, most dynamic analytics departments in Canada as well as in the McDonald’s system.
- Advisory on overall business and individual portfolio performance and strategy
- Co-ownership of key strategic business documents for internal and global engagements
- Leadership around analysis of the macro business trend and competitive intelligence
- Management and evolution of the planning and forecasting process, to become more proactive and predictive
- Coaching and development of a team of three dedicated consultants, in elevating unit objectives
- Partnership with external ROMS provide and a range of internal analytics functions in developing a holistic business evaluation
**This position is a Flex Hybrid Model, requiring 3 days in-office and 2 days remote.**Qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience in analytics, with 3+ years of leading a team of analysts
- Post-secondary education in Business, Finance, Economics or related analytical discipline (bonus for advanced degree)
- Proficiency in leading broader business performance analysis, insights generation and strategic planning
- Working knowledge with BI platform and data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, MicroStrategy etc.)
- Proficiency with analyzing data using advanced Excel, SQL and ideally R and/or Python; financial modelling experience
- Established business acumen, with ability to put data in the context of a customer problem and know where to look when exposed to large amounts of data.
- Strong analytical and critical thinker; to not only manipulate data but also derive meaningful interpretations and actionable insights
- Proven project management skills and ability to frame projects, create solutions and drive cross-functional efforts to successful completion on schedule
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.