Strategic Finance Manager
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
The Strategic Finance Manager will be part of the Business Advisory Services team within the Corporate Controller Group. As a part of the Global Finance team, this role provides financial expertise, direction, and strategic thought partnership to all areas of the Corporate Controller Group, Global Senior Leadership, and other McDonald’s departments.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Co-lead the Global annual budget planning process with Corporate Strategy, providing Finance leadership and perspective for the Enterprise Prioritization process
- Partner with initiative owners, Finance Partners, and the Corporate Strategy team to facilitate project progression
- Partner with the FP&A Center of Excellence to own the G&A Enterprise Narrative & Executive messaging
- Interact, influence, and build strong relationships with all areas of the Corporate Controller Group and other McDonald’s departments, building open lines of communication and trust
- Assist with special projects (e.g., act as ongoing Finance SME on large workstreams, build cost-benefits analyses, advise on cost savings, etc.)
- 6+ years of experience; previous finance, consulting, or similar experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Management Consulting
- Executive-level, diplomatic communication skills- ability to deliver complex disparate information in a clear, succinct way, identify what’s important, and advise our leadership
- A strategic mindset, bias towards action, skepticism of the status quo, and can-do attitude
- Ability to coordinate, allocate, motivate, and manage resources and projects throughout multiple teams
- Proven track record of managing competing priorities and addressing roadblocks -desire to work independently amid ambiguity
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.