Strategic Finance Manager
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters.
Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
Key responsibilities include:
- Co-Leads the global annual budget planning process with Corporate Strategy
- Co-Leads both quarterly and mid-year budget check-ins with various functions
- Models out various target scenarios for spend optimization
- Supports the Supplier Governance Board for monitoring of G&A spend
- Effectively documents core financial processes for both internal and outside partners
- Assists with ad hoc support on an as needed basis (i.e. business cases/benefits realization)
Key skills and proficiencies include the ability to:
- Translate large amounts of financial data into meaningful insights
- Operate in the "gray space," leveraging strong and thoughtful analytics to drive target setting and scenario modeling processes
- Create influential presentations that effectively "tell the story" and that can be leveled up/down to the target audience
- Drive meetings and influence outcomes across various functions and levels in the organization
- Execute on responsibilities while balancing accountability, timeliness, and presentation Thrive and excel in ad-hoc situations
Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Exhibits executive-level presence in high visibility interactions across the enterprise
- Communicates effectively with impact to Sr. Leadership
- Has successfully obtained an undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics and has a minimum 4 years of working experience
- MBA degree is desirable - but is not required
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.