Strategic Finance Business Partner
McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day: in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
This role is based in our East Finchley office working 3 days in the office and 2 days remotely.
The key role of the Strategic Finance Business Partner is to support, challenge and drive long term strategic priorities, playing a key role in formulating and understanding the key pivotal initiatives which will drive long-term sales growth and profitability.
The remit is broad, touching on many different aspects of the business. This involves working closely with both Finance and non-Finance senior management to drive performance of the business as well as conducting detailed analysis to deliver insights and set our strategic direction.
What will my accountabilities be?
Responsibilities are varied and change regularly within the team.
- Business partner with our Supply Chain team from a finance perspective, including areas such as procurement and logistics, sustainability and currency and energy hedging
- Support on long-term crew and management pay strategy with the People team
- Support on long term pricing strategy and management of the pricing process for restaurants
- Lead reporting and reviews of franchisee financial performance
- Support on critical initiatives such as McDelivery, CRM & Digital
- Support reinvestment and affordability strategies, ensure franchisees have access to lending for reinvestment through strong relationships with main Banking partners
- Play a key, proactive, role in engaging with franchisees - holding quarterly business updates and regular presentations to franchisee community
- Support the annual financial planning process
What Team will I be a part?
Areas of focus for the team are leading on:
- Pay strategy
- Currency and energy risk management
- Supply Chain finance
- Re-investment appraisal
- Business case development & appraisal
- Franchisee performance
Who are my customers?
- CFO, Finance Director, Head of Strategic Finance, Strategic Finance Manager, Operations Finance Manager
- Internal department Heads & Directors (People, Supply Chain, Marketing, Business Strategy & Insights, Operations)
- Key external partners, consultants and subject matter authorities (Currency and Energy risk management, pay and benefits), banks
- Operations Finance & Corporate Finance teams
What background do I need to have?
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail - ability to breakdown problems before identifying trends and drawing conclusions
- Strategic thinking - creative thinking in connecting the dots and steering the direction of the business
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - the ability to communicate sophisticated issues, adapting style for different audiences
- Building relationships - ability to work cross-functionally, building strong relationships while challenging the status quo
- Self-motivated and able to drive projects forward
- Great presentations skills - able to influence through your presentations
- CIMA, ACA or ACCA, with at least three years of PQE
- Ambitious and looking for progression within the business
- Experience of the Restaurant & Hospitality industry or other consumer facing businesses
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere."
To learn more about working at McDonald's, click here
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4588M_743999928115999