Sr. Technical Product Manager, Network Security (SASE and SSE)
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts, we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McDonald’s restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
McDonald’s is seeking a Sr. Technical Product Manager, Network Security to support our Network Security team as we protect McDonald’s. This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers. You will collaborate closely with Global Technology leadership, market leaders, project managers, Global Technology solutions teams, application owners, key vendors, and others to ensure McDonald’s has extraordinary Network Security products and services.
Reporting to the GTIO Director, Global Network Security, this role will be responsible for developing new Network Security services and enhancing existing services to meet the increasing needs for protecting our users, devices, networks, applications, and data. This person will work closely with all areas of the business and technology teams to ensure that our services are meeting the needs of markets, application teams, corporate departments, and other partners.
Global Technology is the team responsible for the securing of McDonald’s information assets at a global level. You will be part of the group within Global Technology that is responsible for our network security critical services including firewall, IPS/IDS , Content Filtering, SASE, SSE, ZTNA, VPN and DDoS. You will lead the strategic direction, technical evolution, and day to day operation of some of our Network Security products and platforms, including but not limited to SASE, SSE, SWG, Content Filtering.
This position works closely with market technology teams, Global Technology Risk Management teams, Global Technology Infrastructure and Operations teams, application owners, key vendors, and others to ensure the proper design and function of McDonald’s network security services.
- Lead the design, engineering, delivery activities for network security platforms primarily focusing on, but not limited to, SASE, SSE, SWG, Content Filtering Platforms.
- Act as platform owner responsible for enhancement and life cycle management of network security platform.
- Assess the strategic and practical needs of McDonald’s globally and help ensure that Network Security products and services meet the needs of the business.
- Lead and handle external vendors to ensure they are delivering services per our standards, contracts, and meeting business needs.
- Lead the development and evolution of network security platform roadmap in partnership with various partners to ensure business value and operational excellence.
- Support the development of network security platform vision and strategy in partnership with global technology and external team members.
- Lead technical assessments and support vendor selection to develop and deploy innovative platforms, spanning beyond traditional technology.
- Rationalize network security landscape and select new platforms to deliver value to McDonald’s.
- Define, document, and communicate network security standards and blueprints for our products and platforms for market and corporate customers.
- Understand global, regional and network security requirements and lead transformation, standardization, and innovation efforts.
- Lead, maintain and continuously improve the platform, its capacity and performance.
- Develop appropriate platform resilience, business continuity, and disaster recovery plans.
- Analyze complex network security issues, resolve their cause, and impact on the business, and identify the corrective action needed to eliminate and prevent events in the future.
- Partner with other teams to deliver network self-healing automation to detect, analyze, and act upon network security events and incidents.
- Deliver significant value by Integrating logs, alerts, data and insights into the proper security tools and data lakes to ensure total visibility across the estate.
- Mentor and empower an impactful team of analysts and engineering professionals.
- 5+ years experience designing, building, supporting, and running network security products including, but not limited to SASE, SSE, SWG, Content Filtering products and platforms.
- 7+ years experience designing, building, supporting, and handling core enterprise networks: including but not limited to Routing, Switching, LAN, WAN, SD-WAN, VPN and MPLS.
- 3+ years experience leading and delivering services using 3rd party vendors and service providers.
- Experience in working with business leaders, Technology Directors, and application owners.
- Have led evaluation and selection of emerging technologies translating them into roadmaps and developing cases
- Proven knowledge of developing network security standards and policies and redefining networks to adhere to them.
- Domain Expert in Network and/or Cloud Security.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Computer Science, Network, Cyber security
- Have led innovation and transformation of enterprise network by delivering technologies such as SASE, SWG, SSE, etc.
- Experience in delivering large-scale automation (e.g. Network as Code) for delivering network security services.
- Have led the innovation and standardization of network security solutions across the business.
- Familiarity with sophisticated multinational companies and distributed business models.
- Experience in leading a 24x7x365 team.
- Professional certifications such as ITIL, CCIE, CCNP, CISM, CISSP, or similar.
- Experience working with an Agile environment. Familiar with documentation process and tools, JIRA and Confluence preferred.
- Experienced with Dev/Ops and CI/CD pipeline tools and processes are advantageous.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4734P_743999906899053
- Information Technology