Sr. Technical Product Manager, Network Observability Platforms
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts, we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McDonald’s restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
Reporting to the GTIO Director, Global Network Platforms and working closely with the entire Global Technology Operations and Infrastructure (GTIO) team, or global markets and partners, the Technical Product Manager, Network Observability Platforms will manage the strategic direction and technical evolution of our Global Network Observability Platforms delivered globally to markets, cooperate office, restaurants, cloud and partner locations.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Network Manager to help shape the strategy, transform and protect the entire McDonald’s environment.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Lead the creation, operation, and delivery activities for the Global Network Observability Platforms, including office, restaurant, and cloud.
- Manage network monitoring tools, alerts, and escalation processes and procedures.
- Rationalize current observability landscape and select new tools that deliver the right value to McDonalds.
- Design monitoring and status dashboards to ensure total visibility ad reflect status, capacity, health, and state of network environments, and other critical assets across the globe.
- Deliver significant value by Integrating observability logs, alerts, data and insights into the proper ITSM and Data lakes for actions.
- Partner with the Products and Platform teams to deliver network self-healing automation to detect, analyze, and act upon network capacity and health events.
- Continually assesses Observability market opportunities and market strategies to ensure operational optimization.
- Leads the development of appropriate capacity planning, failover systems, business continuity, and disaster recovery plan.
- Ensure 100% of the network components have Observability and is generating the proper data to insights to actions workflow.
- Mentor and motivate a high-performing team of analyst and engineering professionals.
- Support the development and evolution of network observability platforms, including vision, strategy and roadmaps for our Platforms in partnership with the Restaurant and Office Network Product teams; Network Platforms team, GTIO extended team and external stakeholders.
- Support the adoption and improvement of our Network Observability Platforms.
- Understand global and regional network observability requirements and lead transformation, standardization and innovation efforts.
- Stay current with the very latest knowledge of the market across the network products and platforms through market assessments, trend analysis, vendor seminars and peer relationships
- Partner with internal application stakeholders, solutions architects, network Product & Platform managers, and market IT leads to define requirements, develop strategy and design network platforms to meet the needs of the business
- Define, document and communicate network security standards, best practices and blueprints for our network products and platforms for market and corporate customers
- Understand McDonald’s current landscape of tools, processes, standards, automation, monitoring, hardware and more.
- Lead technical assessments and support vendor selection to develop and deploy cutting edge platforms, spanning beyond traditional technology
- Technical governance and validation of Standard Operating Procedures and Knowledge articles to drive quality and operational performance improvements
- Create and maintain strong relationships with corporate and market teams to ensure strong and effective engagement in technology discussions
- Gain an understanding of the varied market (country) architecture and support network standardization efforts
- Participate in Architecture Review Boards for Enterprise Architecture alignment, representing Global Network Infrastructure and Operations.
- Assists with the audit and management of GTIO global platforms identifying gaps and needs in corporate teams, segments, markets and restaurants.
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Willingness and ability to live the McDonald’s values every day: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community, and Family.
- Subject matter expert in network & observability..
- Strong analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources.
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations and resolve conflict.
- Ability to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation.
- Ability to conduct research into issues, solutions, products and evaluate emerging technologies, translating them into roadmaps and leadership presentation materials.
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas in easy-to-understand business friendly language.
- Ability to understand business challenges, drive process improvements and translate into solutions.
- Detail-oriented, with analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills.
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to build and grow connections with people of all types and backgrounds from all over the world.
- Collaborative along with independent critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to keep many engagements active at once
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to navigate uncertainty.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Network Architect or Engineering role gained in multi-cultural, large global organizations.
- 5+ years of professional experience designing, building, supporting and managing core enterprise networks or platforms.
- 2+ years of professional experience with Network Observability engineering and operations. E.g., SolarWinds, Netreo, Live Action, Meraki, IPAM and Cloud Native solutions.
- Experienced with NOC management and operations.
- Experienced with automation tools and platforms, Ansible preferred.
- Experience working with an Agile environment with a Scrum Master, Daily Scrum meetings, Backlogs, Sprints and written Stories and deliverables. Familiar with documentation process and tools, JIRA and Confluence preferred.
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science/Engineering/Technology.
- CCNP/CCDP/CCIE R&S or Security certification, or equivalent, preferred.
- ITIL certification preferred.
- Scrum PAL-E and/or PSPO certification are advantageous.
- Experienced with Dev/Ops and CI/CD pipeline tools and processes are advantageous
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.