Sr Technical Product Analyst - Cloud SRE
McDonald's evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first and demonstrates our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the critical role technology plays as the best-in-class, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technologies, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day!
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of innovation specialists who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of groundbreaking opportunities for the business. We take on technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge! This provides access to compelling career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
The Sr Technical Product Analyst role is part of the Cloud Ecosystem team in Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations. The role reports to the Senior Manager - Cloud Operations & SRE and is responsible for supporting the operations and reliability of our cloud ecosystem. As a Sr. Technical Product Analyst you will be responsible for working with the product team to implement and enable our enterprise monitoring tools.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technology leader to help shape the transformation of infrastructure and operations products and services to the entire McDonalds environment.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Contributes to the end-to-end ownership of features from ideation through implementation and through maintenance and support.
- Provides the functional design of the business requirements in a manner well understood by the developers and provides acceptance criteria
- Writes epics, user stories, acceptance criteria in automation scripts and participates in all agile events of the product group as a team leader.
- Collaborates with other product teams, technical architects, developers, and engineers to understand the technology roadmap for modernization.
- Verifies the results of testing and raises defects/issues against the features owned.
- Completes the end-to-end testing of the feature and provides sign-off for the code release into production.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with multiple diverse stakeholders across the company, including members of executive leadership.
- Understands complex customer issues, converting them into problem statements and provides out of box solutions through design thinking.
- Provides monitoring and oversight for reliability alerts, events, and incidents.
- Identify gaps in monitoring and design alerts, thresholds, and criteria for closing those gaps.
- Design and support the development of automated response and mitigation for security alerts.
- Provide support and influence cloud platform engineering (security, DevOps, and operations)
- Review and document security standards, procedures, and guidelines
- Acts as an ambassador/lead to the incident response team during an event or incident.
- Trains and influences junior members of the Cloud team. Supports other members of the Cloud Security, DevOps, and Operations team
- Willingness and ability to live the McDonald’s values every day: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community, and Family.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong documentation skills including the ability to articulate technical and complex concepts.
- Ability to communicate technical and non-technical at multiple levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-driven and life-long learner
- Experience with DataDog or similar APM tools
- Associate-level cloud certifications and willingness to complete and pass a professional level operations certification within 12 months.
· 8+ years of cloud experience or a related field and a Bachelor’s degree or 6+ years relevant work experience and a Master’s degree.
· Programming experience in Java/PythonAdditional Information:
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.