Sr. Network Architect - Office Network Products
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and leverages our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the important role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
Reporting to the Office Network Product Director and working closely with the entire Global Technology Operations and Infrastructure (GTIO) team, our global markets and partners, the Office Network Senior Architect will lead the strategic direction and technical evolution of the Office Network Product delivered globally to markets, corporate offices and partner locations.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Network Architect to help shape the strategy and transform the global network for the entire McDonald’s environment.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Lead the network architecture activities for the Office Network Product, including the platforms:
- SD-WAN (e.g., Cisco SD-WAN)
- Network Connectivity and Transport (e.g., MPLS, Internet and private/public fibers and rings)
- Zero Trust
- Identity and Access Control Policy Platform (e.g., ISE)
- Cloud-managed and On-Prem LAN and WLAN (e.g., Cisco and Meraki)
- Support the development and evolution of network platform lifecycle roadmaps to deliver supportable, relevant platforms with enhancements, innovation and performance improvements aligned to business outcomes
- Stay ahead with the very latest knowledge of the market across the office network product through market assessments, trend analysis, vendor seminars and peer relationships
- Partner with internal application collaborators, solutions architects, network Product/Platform managers and market IT leads to define requirements, develop strategy and design network platforms to meet the needs of the business
- Define, document and communicate network standards, best practices and blueprints for the Office Network Product for market and corporate customers
- Technical assurance and validation for complex and high-risk changes
- Lead technical assessments and support vendor selection to develop and deploy innovative platforms, spanning beyond traditional technology
- Seek network platform integration and automation opportunities, working with Office Network Product Managers and the Office Network Platform Manger for insights and operational feedback
- Technical governance and validation of Standard Operating Procedures and Knowledge articles to drive quality and operational performance improvements
- Create and maintain strong relationships with corporate and market teams to ensure strong and effective engagement in technology discussions
- Gain an understanding of the varied market (country) architecture and support network standardization efforts
- Participate in Architecture Review Boards for Enterprise Architecture alignment, representing Global Network Infrastructure and Operations
- Strong analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from various sources.
- Ability to manage partner expectations and resolve conflict.
- Ability to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation.
- Ability to conduct research into issues, solutions, products and evaluate emerging technologies, translating them into roadmaps and leadership presentation materials.
- Superb communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas in easy-to-understand business friendly language.
- Ability to understand business challenges, drive process improvements and translate into solutions.
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to build and grow connections with people of all types and backgrounds from all over the world.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including the ability to influence multiple parties towards common goals.
- Highly collaborative along with independent critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to keep many engagements active at once
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to navigate uncertainty.
- Naturally elevates others and creates a culture of belonging through engaging hard-working teams.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Network Architect role gained in multi-cultural, large global organizations
- 5+ years’ experience deploying, supporting and managing core enterprise networks in the following technical network background areas: Cisco Routing & Switching, Cisco Viptela SD-WAN, VPN, MPLS, Cisco on-premise LAN & WLAN, Meraki LAN & WLAN
- 2+ years of experience working and collaboration in globally dispersed team.
- Solid experience in overall Infrastructure and Operations including (Network, Service Management, Engineering).
- Experienced with automation tools and platforms, Ansible preferred.
- Experienced with observability and monitoring tools: SolarWinds, Live Action, etc.
- Experience working with an Agile environment with a Scrum Master, Daily Scrum meetings, Backlogs, Sprints and written Stories and deliverables. Familiar with documentation process and tools, JIRA and Confluence preferred.
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science/Engineering/Technology or equivalent experience is required.
- CCIE/CCNP/CCDP certification, or equivalent, preferred.
- ITIL certification preferred.
- Scrum PAL-E and/or PSPO certification are advantageous.
- Experienced with Dev/Ops and CI/CD pipeline tools and processes are advantageous
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.