Sr. Manager, Unified Experiences - Loyalty Product
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
McDonald’s has long been an industry leader, innovating to deliver improvements in the experience for our customers. In recent years, digital platforms have become an increasingly critical part of delivering phenomenal customer experience. We have invested to build assets and capabilities that will take advantage of this growing consumer interest in digital, including upgrades to the mobile app, as well as installation of self-order kiosks, and digital menu boards.
We have built a new Digital Customer Engagement ("DCE") team to work closely alongside Global Technology in developing and deploying smart digital investments that improve experiences for our customers and drive visits, sales and cash flow for the system. Our collective vision is to make digital experiences more personal, more convenient and better value for our customers with an agile 'test, learn and improve' mindset. The role of the DCE team is to set the overall digital strategy and define digital customer solutions across ordering, payment, personalization, loyalty, and delivery. Together with Global Technology, we identify the most meaningful opportunities for our customers and our business, and we bring them to life through industry-changing products like Mobile Ordering and McDelivery. In addition to setting the overall digital vision and strategy, we help markets to accelerate opportunities, consolidate lessons to share across markets, measure progress and drive continuous improvement and enhancements to the McDonald’s customer experience.
We are seeking a world-class product leader to serve as Sr. Manager, Unified Experiences - Loyalty & Account Products, to own the product platforms driving McDonald’s digital customer experiences, with focus on Loyalty and Account functionalities across channels. The ideal candidate is a customer-obsessed, product innovator who can lead and inspire cross-functional teams to deliver exceptional products that customers love and that win for the business.
In this role, you and your team of product managers will be responsible for leading discovery and translating the "voice of the customer" into the overall strategy and roadmap for the underlying platforms that bring the known customer experience to life. You will be a collaborative, omnichannel experience champion who puts the customer first, and works closely with peers to deliver a seamless, consistent, and well-integrated customer experience across all our channels (e.g. Kiosk, Drive Thru, Mobile App, Web).
Specifically, you will own the customer experience platform product vision for Loyalty and Account functionalities, prioritize business requirements and translate requirements into features for agile development - leading a cross-functional effort that involves the wider DCE Business, Product and Design teams, and members of Product Engineering as key contributors.
You will need to have a track record in implementing and optimizing Loyalty and Account Management products, partners and/or features to consumer-facing digital properties. This should include:
- Influencing and enabling a comprehensive strategy for customer value across Loyalty, offers/deals and everyday value pricing
- Integrating and leading 3rd party solutions such as Session M
- Delivering outstanding customer and user experience through low-friction integration of Loyalty and Account features to digital and hybrid digital/physical custome journeys
- Delivering outstanding business outcomes, including addressing typical pain points
You and your team will collaborate with a significant set of stakeholders around the world, and will be missionaries who bring our markets along as partners in the McDonald’s digital ambition. You will work collaboratively with Design and Product Engineering, leading them with compelling product visions, clear and aligned objectives, and by creating a customer obsessive culture. This role will report directly to the Sr. Director, Unified Experiences.
- Own and drive forward complete digital product roadmap for McDonald’s Loyalty and Account experience platform products, including innovation opportunities
- Ensure customer experience product roadmaps align with agroundbreaking cross-channel vision for customers, with focus on Loyalty and Account functionalities across channels
- Own final decisions on backlog prioritization and refinement across channels; act as key activist for customer centricity
- Provide cross-functional leadership to agile product squads to deliver exceptional products for our customers, including day-to-day support (e.g., sprint meetings, rituals, OKRs)
- Coordinate closely with key team members, including DCE and Global Technology leadership and counterparts, market leaders, and cross-functional strategists to ensure priorities and feature requests are clearly understood
- Drive discovery and play key role in delivery with Global Technology development lead counterparts
- Create and prioritise epics and user stories during sprint planning, then work closely with scrum master and developers for agile delivery
- Analyze progress and customer response to the experience customer journeys, report on critical metrics and product release impacts
- Oversee feedback process and approve UX design wireframes for Loyalty and Account experience platform products
- Support product demos and end-user testing activities during sprint review cycles
- Represent the business, both internal and external, in managing the backlogs and ensuring that the development team understands priorities and customer needs
- Passionate, customer-obsessed leader looking for new solutions for the business, who truly enjoys working with a team, designing and delivering great products
- Leader and activist in agile development with comfort overseeing multiple product managers
- Exceptional product evangelist, with experience dealing with diverse and global partners
- Expertise in digital project and product planning, including product definition, feature prioritization, trade-off processes, and roadmap creation
- Deep experience with agile product management, plus experience driving agile transformation in a large organization with complex partners
- Ability to influence senior leaders and cross-functional stakeholders in collectively aligning and completing product vision
- Capable of finding product solutions that customers love, in a business that has complex operational and service delivery considerations
- Knowledge and familiarity with UX design, customer experience and customer experience platform technology systems/specifications interdependencies
- Passion for the McDonald’s customer and ability to ensure their needs are translated into a compelling experience
- Good sense of curiosity with genuine desire to learn and think with agility - identifying patterns/trends and applying them in new and unfamiliar situations
- Confident working in a fast-moving environment, with a willingness to make quick decisions based on continuous prioritization and evolving customer needs
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven Experience in an agile product management role
- Proven experience leading cross-functional teams and projects
- Experience at a consumer/retail company preferred
Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.Additional Information:
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.