Sr. Manager, Platform Lead (Restaurant Infrastructure & Operations Platforms)
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and leverages our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the important role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
The Senior Manager, Platform Lead is part of the Restaurant Infrastructure & Operations Platform team within Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations (GTIO). This role reports to the Director and is responsible for managing restaurant infrastructure & operations platforms. The Restaurant Infrastructure & Operations team is responsible for definition and execution of the restaurant infrastructure & operations platform vision, strategy, architecture, integration, and testing. This team is also responsible for defining global restaurant standards, observability/monitoring, patching and security of these platforms.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technology leader to help shape the transformation of infrastructure and operations products and services to the entire McDonalds environment.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Drive restaurant hardware for platform management (including vision, architecture, engineering, integration, testing, etc.)
- Execute short-term strategy for the Restaurant Infrastructure & Operations platform management team
- Oversee the work of technical managers, architects and engineers, contributing to team performance
- Own and prioritize the platform roadmap aligned with the overall platform strategy and other internal stakeholders
- Provide guidance on platform architecture and make key decisions
- Provide input into restaurant global standards to ensure consistency
- Collaborate effectively with internal leaders and customer facing/back-office hardware teams on strategy and individual solutions
- Identify and address core problems and opportunities within business processes
- Remove bottlenecks to enable independent team work and drive proactive identification of gaps and opportunities
- Coach team members to enhance capabilities and close skill gaps
- 8+ years of relevant work experience with a bachelor's degree or 6+ years of relevant work experience with a master's degree
- 3+ years of leadership experience, including leading employee teams
- 1+ years of experience with restaurant or retail hardware solutions and platforms
- Experience leading technical teams managing strategically important products
- Experience leading employee teams in large-scale system implementations
- Ability to influence senior executives and set expectations for cross-functional initiatives
- Live McDonald’s values: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community, and Family
- Experience delivering high-load digital products/infrastructure with measurable results.
- Expertise in various areas of platform management.
- Effective communication across business areas (e.g., marketing, sales, finance, operations, technology).
- Expertise in strategic capabilities (e.g. business/investment case creation, MVP requirements/development and backlog prioritization)
- Desire to drive impactful goals and align actions towards them.
- Leadership experience in an agile product development environment (e.g., participating and leading agile ceremonies, managing a backlog/release plan, tracking metrics of multiple teams, removing blockers (burndown chart, release burn up, etc.)
- Ability to manage technical products from ambiguous problem statements and prioritize technical initiatives and drive strategic architecture.
- Ability to utilize data to proactively identify and solve complex problems.
- Possess strong analytical and quantitative skills for data-driven decision making.
- Excellent written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Customer-centric mindset in leading product development.
- Experience with infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
- Proficiency in edge and cloud platform design patterns and deployment of edge or cloud tools and technologies
- A strong understanding of vendor platform capabilities
- Ability to effectively influence and partner across product and platform teams within a global engineering organization
- Experience managing infrastructure platforms that address global complexities and regional differences
- Track record of managing program P&L, including financial forecasting to communicate ROI and spend rate
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4697C_743999907423836