Sr. Manager, Operational Excellence - Commercial Products and Platforms
McDonald's evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first and demonstrates our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the critical role technology plays as the best-in-class, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technologies, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day!
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of innovation specialists who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of groundbreaking opportunities for the business. We take on technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge! This provides access to compelling career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Commercial Products & Platforms (CPP) Team, focused on Communications, Human Resources, and Operations, where our vision is to develop technology that delight our customers and enable our crews to operate our restaurants reliably and effectively. This Senior Manager level role will be part of CPP and Global Technology.
The Senior Manager, Operational Excellence (OpEx) CPP, Communications, HR, and Operations will report to the Senior Director of OpEx for CPP and will manage leadership communications, human resource management activities, and operational activities across Restaurant Technology, Customer Technology, Delivery Office, Resource Optimization, Data & Architecture, and the ArchOS initiative. The Senior Manager will have three direct reports for the various products and platforms under CPP.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing operational performance across CPP, including:
- Rolling up team goal setting and influencing metrics.
- Rolling up various CPP team reviews to present at leadership-level operational reviews.
- Rolling up performance metrics and data reporting across CPP
- Leading and supporting the CPP OpEx Managers, to enable effective change management strategies.
- Drive change internally with team and with external business partners
- Ensure the overall CPP change approach is aligned with the communications strategy.
- Influence and function as a change leader
- Oversee the approaches defined to partner with vendor management office (VMO)
- Partner with peer leaders / senior managers in VMO to align on expectations.
- Ensure reporting team members have support needed for contract renewals.
- Review and curate established measures to manage vendor performance.
- Provide oversight and input to documentation governance.
- Align each team’s strategy for cohesion and consistency for use of documentation libraries and repositories.
- Evaluate practices for restaurant visits and knowledge sharing.
- Communicate expectations on documentation and information.
- Review and inform business routines and operationalization of processes.
- Evaluate established routines towards optimizing team and organizational health.
- Align team practices to overall ways of working.
- Offer guidance on how best to work with center teams, markets, segments, stakeholders, and business partners.
- Oversee human resource management practices across the CPP team.
- Represent CPP collective interest in human resource management activities.
- Approve and govern the teams’ requests through headcount governance.
- Provide oversight, resources, and support to managers executing employee actions and work in collaborative partnership with human resources.
- Lead talent development and culture development activities across the CPP team.
- Facilitate goal setting activities for CPP to align with overall CPP and Global Technology strategy.
- Drive performance management processes, to meet deadlines, and deliver on goals.
- Support opportunities for team recognition, culture development, and events consistently across CPP.
- Create opportunities for team talent development and to align with Global People activities.
- Align with and cultivate opportunities for education and training.
- Find skill needs and forecast skill development areas.
- Assess opportunities to build communities, use surveys, or create action plans.
- Provide input to strategy for off-shore / on-shore staff management.
- Support managers with resource needs aligning with off-/on-shore support areas.
- Ensure a consistent, needs-based approach is applied across the CPP team.
- Responsible for the roll-up of leadership communications across CPP.
- Solicit input from the CPP areas to craft high-level and consistent CPP messaging.
- Ensure teams meet deadlines for input to leadership scripts, narratives, talking points.
- Review materials for leadership meetings, conversations, and events.
- Conduct team performance management actions, reviews, and evaluation.
- Execute hiring and employee lifecycle actions in support of the Senior Director, OpEx and CPP.
- Provide support to Director and Senior Director for CPP OpEx, as needed.
- Experience at Senior Manager level or equivalent with a variety of organizational practices, including operations management, human resources management, and leadership communications.
- Experience in operational excellence, continuous improvement, or similar roles.
- Knowledge and ability to oversee recommendations and improvements of best practices.
- Able to navigate complexity, various stakeholder needs, while delivering tangible outcomes.
- Ability to work across diverse teams to enable change and establish operational cadences.
- Working knowledge of business practices, organizational practices, and governance processes.
- Experience as senior manager or equivalent role in building team culture and organizational culture.
- 7 years’ experience working in business, technology, organizational effectiveness, organizational excellence, business process optimization, continuous improvement, or other related areas.
- Comfortable working across local and international teams, on-site, hybrid, and virtual environments.
- Able to work with Microsoft Office Suite (Office 365 / O365, including Teams, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote), and oversee team members working in these applications.
- Comfortable to use, navigate, or learn Smartsheet and other digital tools.
- Proficient in business process optimization, reviews, modeling, mapping, or process improvement.
- Comfortable working with senior organizational leaders, technology leaders, human resource leaders, operational experts, communications & strategy, and finance teams.
- Ability to collaborate horizontally and vertically across technology leadership teams, aware of industry and technology trends, and open to cultivating ideas of adoption and innovation.
- Demonstrated combination of education and years of senior professional experience showing ability to collaborate with senior leader teams, provide strategic recommendations, and execute action.
- Capable of being structured and methodical, while also flexible and adaptable to changing organization needs, technology innovation, and organizational transformation.
- Able to specifically partner with peer leaders in Global Technology’s Strategy and Planning Organization to establish and meet deadlines, communicate expectations out and down, and to ensure overall CPP is prepared to meet leadership communications objectives.
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.