Sr. Manager of Cybersecurity Service Engineering
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.Job Description:
McDonald’s, one of the most recognized brands in the world, is seeking a Senior Manager of CyberSecurity Service Engineering to support our CyberSecurity team as we protect McDonald’s. You will collaborate closely with Global Technology leadership, market leaders, project managers, Global Technology solutions teams, application owners, key vendors, and others to ensure McDonald’s has world class CyberSecurity products and services.
This role will lead a team responsible for developing new CyberSecurity services and enhancing existing services to meet the increasing needs for protecting our users, devices, networks, applications, and data. This person will work closely with all areas of the business and technology teams to ensure that our services are meeting the needs of markets, application teams, corporate departments, and other partners.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team, and joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that will impact the world. We are customer-obsessed, committed to being leaders in our industry, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last several years, we have launched home delivery, radically improved the digital experiences of our restaurants, introduced mobile pay, and have so much more to come. These critical initiatives require strong leadership to ensure compliance with policies, standards, regulatory requirements, and best practices.
McDonald’s is investing heavily in technology to drive our growth. We’re looking at how to use technology to improve the customer experience and build new customer experiences. We’re also exploring technologies that can help us reduce or eliminate repetitive tasks and make employees’ jobs more exciting and rewarding. With all the new projects and initiatives, it is an exciting time to be on the CyberSecurity team, helping to make a safer and Better McDonald's!
The Senior Manager of CyberSecurity Service Engineering will lead a team of global professionals and will work with partners globally to ensure the proper functioning of the processes and people needed to keep these critical security and infrastructure services running reliably. This person must set the high-level strategy and direction for the team and for vendor partners and set clear expectations, goals, and requirements that must be obtained as a measure of success. This position will work closely with market technology teams, GTRM CyberSecurity Service Operations, GTRM architects, application owners, key vendors and others to ensure the continued reliable operation of McDonald’s CyberSecurity services.
- Assess the strategic and practical needs of McDonald’s globally to and help ensure that the company has extraordinary CyberSecurity products and services that meets the needs of the business.
- Work with vendors to ensure that CyberSecurity services are designed to maintain high availability and resiliency at all times.
- Provide input to a roadmap of proposed future updates and enhancements to the CyberSecurity platform and help socialize with key partners.
- Work with multi-functional teams to identify and implement ways to improve the ease of use, security, and operational stability of CyberSecurity systems.
- Perform functions promptly and with an acute level of attention to detail, urgency, and thoroughness.
- Drive strategic improvement projects within CyberSecurity Service Engineering and measure their impact. (Continuous improvement methodology).
- Ensure security policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines are followed.
- Identify developmental needs of direct reports and develop suggestions to address those needs. Acts as a mentor to team members on projects and provides on-the-job training. Schedules work, assigns responsibility, and delegates authority for assigned projects.
- Analyze complex engineering issues, resolve their cause and impact on the business, and identify the corrective action needed to eliminate and prevent the events in the future.
- Ensure operations is taken into account as services are created, enhanced, and updated.
- Support a strategic program applying industry-leading practices and methodologies to support the achievement of short, medium, and long-term goals.
- Help develop and implement appropriate policies, SOPs, training, and guidelines for managing services.
- Provide input into the department’s annual budget and provide input into future funding of projects to improve CyberSecurity services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, CyberSecurity, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Sr. Manager experience with a background in building or operating security services.
- Experience handling 3rd party vendors and service providers
- Experienced in designing, developing, and operating complex CyberSecurity products and services.
- Familiarity with complex multinational companies and distributed business models.
- Experience and willingness to lead a 24x7x365 team.
- Ability to interpret and understand business needs and convey such issues to operations and support teams.
- Proficient in technical writing and demonstrating various creative mechanisms to communicate to diverse audiences.
- Solid ability to assess urgency and prioritization and make good decisions based upon circumstances.
- Professional certifications such as ITIL, CISM, CISSP, or similar.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4778W_743999907681663
- Information Technology