Sr Manager - Engineering (Chapter Lead) Front End, Mobile
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and leverages our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the important role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
The Commercial Product & Platform vision develops global technology products and platforms that delight our customers and enable our crews to operate our restaurants reliably and effectively.
Senior Engineering Manager - Chapter Lead, Mobile reports to the Director of Engineering, Front End Chapter. In this role, you will lead a software engineering team of mobile engineers guiding them in achieving functional expertise and high quality of work. You will be partnering closely with our Technical Leads, MCX, and Architecture teams in resource and technology roadmap planning.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technology leader to help shape the transformation of our mobile applications that contribute significantly to the ever-increasing digital sales growth.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Support the hiring and management of our front-end software engineering team, being a critical participant in their career growth.
- Provide the team with a roadmap in implementing software engineering practices for higher code quality.
- Help your team become better software developers and prepare them for bigger challenges.
- Be a practitioner and evangelist of DevOps, Test and Learn cultures.
- Drive professional development through technology, skill sets and tools to foster professional growth among our software engineers, resulting in improved productivity and high-quality outputs.
- Drive individual performance evaluations by defining standards and conducting assessment, as well as gathering feedback from Tech Leads and other stakeholders.
- Define quality and testing standards (e.g., attributes of well written code, test frameworks to use, measures of quality, etc.).
- Support Product Managers, Tech Leads and Senior Tech Leads in sourcing the right technical talent for squads and matching skill needs with capacity.
- Develop resourcing forecasts for software engineers assigned to front-end technology projects.
- Define skillsets and identify libraries, tooling and frameworks that improve engineering productivity.
- Build community and knowledge sharing opportunities within the different engineering chapters.
- Lead efforts to drive continuous improvement in delivery speed, quality, value and applied innovation.
- Willingness and ability to live the McDonald’s values every day: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community, and Family.
- 7+ years of IOS/Android application development experience, with knowledge of Agile software development process.
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and development life cycles, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- 3+ years of people management experience a plus
- Experience leading a team of 7+ engineers a plus
- Proficiency in both Android and IOS technologies is a plus
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4760C_743999909008845
- Information Technology