Sr. Manager, Core ITSM
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald's Global Impact team is aligned around a mission to make McDonald’s one of the most respected, trusted, and admired brands in the world. We will do this through actions to drive responsible business growth, investments to foster community, values-based advocacy, and compelling communications that matter to our customers, our System and our global partners. Read more about our Purpose & Impact here.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald’s works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It’s our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
The Service Management Office (SMO) Core Information Technology Service Management (ITSM), Sr. Technical Product Manager is responsible for ensuring high performing Service Management through the building, evolving and governing of mature processes and capabilities including (but not limited to) Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Asset, Configuration, Catalog, Knowledge, Service Level and Resiliency Management. The successful person in this role will drive continual improvement in Service Management capabilities leveraging best practice, tools and technology and insight from business partners to achieve effective outcomes.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technology leader to help shape the transformation of infrastructure and operations products and services to the entire McDonalds environment.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Manages strategically important Service Management capabilities
- Owns the definition of Service Management capabilities, the continual improvement of the capabilities and related roadmap.
- Guides a team of technical product managers and service providers expected to broadly influence across a large portion of the organization or with a charter to innovate/disrupt a strategically important domain.
- Maintains a strategic focus yet retains an appropriate level of hands-on management. Partners with business leaders, technical product managers, and / or architects to determine the long-term viability of systems/products, from business and technology standpoints.
- Communicates ideas effectively, verbally and in writing, to a wide range of audiences, including Directors and VPs. Fosters a constructive dialogue, harmonizes discordant views, and leads the resolution of issues.
- Decomposes significantly complex problems into straight-forward solutions and remediation recommendations. Consistently brings strong, data-driven business, and technical judgment to decisions.
- Identifies core problems or opportunities within business processes. Understands the root cause and impacts for the project and other teams.
- Removes bottlenecks to enable your team(s) to work independently. Drives team members (internal and external) to proactively identify gaps and opportunities (e.g., services, workflows, tooling) within or between markets and other parts of the organization.
- Invests time to coach junior technical product managers to refine their capabilities and close skill gaps. Works closely with technical product managers and leads by example.
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Willingness and ability to live the McDonald’s values every day: Serve, Inclusion, Integrity, Community, and Family.
- ITIL Specialist Certification(s)
- Knowledge of ServiceNow platform including familiarity with ServiceNow modules (CMDB/ITSM, Portal, Mobile, and Automation) and workflow, code/configuration development, validation and testing
- AWS Solution Architect Level certified (Architect, Developer, SysOps Administrator)
- Azure associate level certification
- Must have broad general knowledge of infrastructure, network, application technologies in addition to SDLC, ITIL and Service Management common practices, DevOps and CICD
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical products from an unclear problem statement, driving clarity, understanding and discussing technical concepts, managing tradeoffs, and evaluating potential concepts with internal and external partners
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop project business cases, and measure success.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data, and industry trends.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills, with the ability to translate theory into practical application.
- Understand customer centricity, and lead products/capabilities with that mindset.
- Naturally exude team-building, motivating, and conflict-resolving qualities.
- New Product Integration (NPI) experience.
- Working knowledge of data analytics, machine learning and mathematical optimization.
- Knowledge of other ITSM and related tools (Pager Duty, xMatters, Cherwell, BMC Helix and similar)
- 12+ years of technical product management or relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 8+ years relevant experience with a Master’s degree.
- Experience leading technical teams that manage a strategically important product and/or a suite of products.
- Experience in influencing senior executives (VPs, SVP, CxO), and setting expectations for major cross-functional initiatives.
- ServiceNow workflow development and code/configuration validation and testing
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.