Sr Experience Design Lead
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.Job Description:
The McDonalds Global Experience Design team is a key part of the Customer Experience team (MCX), which provides user-centered experiences that deliver a cohesive and significant experience for customers and restaurant team members around the world. We are seeking an emerging design leader to join our Experience Design team.
The position requires proven expertise in solutions with strong design work, design sensibility, and articulate storytelling. This is a hands-on role focused on both product discovery and design deliverables. The position involves participating in the entire design lifecycle - such as conducting user research, translating research data into concrete user flows, customer journey mapping, service blueprints, wireframes, signal testing, and high-fidelity designs. The Sr. Experience Design Lead will also assist with the maintenance of the design system, including support in co-writing component specifications and defining accessibility standards. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, passionate about design, and able to take initiative with minimal direction.
Your attention to detail is world-class, your design skills impeccable, and you love putting structure around difficult problems. You thrive on being hands-on and immersive. You look for opportunities to improve the way things work.
- You will ensure there is steadfast customer focus throughout the entire product lifecycle process.
- Your design solutions are user-centric while also meeting business goals.
- You foster ongoing improvements by considering market analysis, customer feedback, metrics, and usability findings.
- You will partner closely with product management and engineering teams to drive innovation and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
- You actively drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements.
- You effectively lead collaboration across teams; not just gathering business requirements but support in defining them.
- You have experience applying Accessibility best practices (WCAG)
- 8+ years of experience in user centered experience design, with a focus on commerce.
- Experience working with or conducting your own research, presenting results, and acting on the analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates creative design thinking with a deep understanding of Human Centered Design.
- You are a design thinker who looks holistically for solutions that span the entire customer journey.
- You understand and can speak to the importance of having familiarity with technical considerations needed across the various platforms we’re designing for.
- You have excellent communication, presentation, and persuasion skills. You’ve demonstrated success in building buy-in for an innovative and bold strategic vision.
- You’ve demonstrated the ability to deliver designs and services at a global scale.
- You are passionate and knowledgeable about new and emerging design trends.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4642M_743999908589093