Sr Director - Tech Lead (Digital Channels)
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and leverages our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the important role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Commercial Product & Platform where our vision is to develop technology that delight our customers and enable our crews to operate our restaurants reliably and effectively.
The Group Tech Lead (GTL) partners with the Group Product Manager to shape and deliver the Group product roadmaps, from a technical standpoint. The GTL is responsible for the delivery of application/services architecture of the systems within the group ensuring they are secure and standardized and can be easily consumed by other services. They ensure tech design patterns and best practices are consistently applied across product and platforms. The GTL is a people leader for Tech Leads and owner of the architectural/technical decisions for the group.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Develop the Group's target technical roadmap and key technology decisions to deliver the roadmap.
- Responsible for the technical solution design and implementation
- Document and communicate the current architecture of the Group technology landscape
- Manage technical interdependencies with other Groups
- Partner with Group PMs and other stakeholders in planning, definition and high-level design of solutions; explore alternatives, partner with product teams in identifying technologies and making technical tradeoffs and decisions
- Establish best practices for identifying, analyzing and managing technical risks.
- Responsible for the quality of the outputs of the development teams
- Provide people leadership for Tech Leads, professional development and engineering resources allocated to the Group
- Define critical non-functional requirements for product development
- Participate in release preparation and planning to determine the necessary architectural improvements according to the architecture roadmap and current priorities in the Group backlog
- Manage temporary solutions and technical debt at the Tribe/Cluster level
- Seasoned technical leader with hands-on development and deployment experience with insights into the newest technology and development trends.
- Experience partnering with stakeholders across an at-scale, complex, global matrix org structure
- Deep understanding of business, information, technical architecture (e.g. architecture principles design, deployment models), security
- Experience working on projects that span multiple organizations, geographies and business units
- Experience developing solutions that provide high levels of resilience and scale.
- Experience in Agile product development
- Experience managing technical priorities and driving strategic architectural initiatives
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions with stakeholders of all levels of expertise
- Active coach and mentor whose goal is to grow and maximize team members’ potential
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.