Sr. Director Supply Chain Technology
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and leverages our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Our growth pillars emphasize the important role technology plays as the leading, global omni-channel restaurant brand. Technology enables the organization through digital technology, and improving the customer, crew and employee experience each and every day.
Global Technology forging the way
Leading the digitization of our business is the Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who build industry defining tech using the latest innovations and platforms, like AI and edge computing to deliver on the next set of cutting-edge opportunities for the business. At McDonald’s you get to solve technology innovation challenges at an incredible scale, and work across global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. This provides access to exciting career paths for technologists. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
The Enterprise Product and Platform (EPP) team delivers enterprise level technology stack, products, and platforms supporting key enterprise functions including Supply Chain, People, and Finance.
The Sr. Director Supply Chain Technology will be part of our EPP function and report directly to the VP, Enterprise Products and Platform. As the Sr. Director of Supply Chain Technology, you will be responsible for leading and handling all aspects of the supply chain technology function within our organization. You will play a critical role in driving digital transformation and leveraging technology to optimize our supply chain operations.
The ideal candidate will have a good background in supply chain management, extensive knowledge of technology solutions, a proven track record of successfully implementing and leading large-scale supply chain technology initiatives, and will be accountable for managing budget effectively.
This role will work extensively with the supply chain, operations and market teams and will need to collaboratively partner across functions to drive effective outcomes. Experience in leading teams and directing both internal and third party resources will be necessary for success. Candidates should be comfortable leveraging analytics to drive insights and using storytelling to update executives and drive alignment across teams.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technology leader to help shape the transformation of infrastructure and operations products and services to the entire McDonalds environment.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the overall supply chain technology strategy, aligned with the organization's objectives and growth plans.
- Lead a team of technology professionals, providing guidance, mentorship, and support to drive dedication and achieve departmental goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including operations, logistics, procurement, and IT to identify technology needs, prioritize initiatives, and ensure seamless integration with existing systems.
- Assess current supply chain technology landscape, identify gaps, and recommend innovative solutions to enhance efficiency, visibility, and responsiveness.
- Lead the selection, implementation, and integration of supply chain technology systems, such as warehouse management systems (WMS), transportation management systems (TMS), demand planning, and inventory optimization tools.
- Oversee vendor relationships and contracts, ensuring effective partnerships and optimal utilization of external resources.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in supply chain management and technology, and apply relevant knowledge to drive continuous improvement.
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of supply chain technology initiatives, providing regular reports and insights to senior leadership.
- Develop and run the supply chain technology budget, ensuring resource allocation aligns with strategic objectives and delivers a positive return on investment.
- Proactively identify potential risks, challenges, and dependencies across programs, and develop mitigation strategies to ensure successful program outcomes
- Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning within the supply chain technology team.
- Demonstrable experience in supply chain management, with a focus on technology and digital transformation
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to lead and motivate multi-functional technology teams
- Extensive knowledge of supply chain technology solutions including WMS, TMS, demand planning and inventory optimization tools
- Experience managing large-scale technology implementations and integrations within complex supply chain environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use data and metrics to drive decision-making
- Masters degree in Technology, Business, Supply Chain, etc.
- Experience working in a global or multi-national organization a plus
- Experience working in CPG, QSR or retail industries a plus
- 10+ years of experience in supply chain management with a focus on technology and digital transformations
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or equivalent experience
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.