Solution Architect - Global HR & Payroll Systems
McDonald’s evolving Accelerating the Arches growth strategy puts our customers and people first, and leverages our competitive advantages to strengthen our brand. We are recognized on lists like Fortune’s Most Admired Companies and Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
Doubling Down on the 4Ds (Delivery, Digital, Drive Thru, and Development)
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization, made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scarily inquisitive people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always eager for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.Job Description:
- Translate business needs into functional and technical designs and eventual solutions. Be a keen student of the business, equally adept in discussing business and technical solutions.
- Lead the design, development and eventual operations of the system-to-system interfaces, dataflows, APIs, and integration middleware for the overall Oracle HCM Cloud program
- Lead developers in requirements gathering, integration design, build, unit test, testing support, future-state support team
- Guide program, effectively demonstrating McDonald’s standards, processes, and governance
- Partner with fellow McDonald’s business & technology colleagues and third-party systems integrators to define and deploy global HCM technologies
- Partner with architects to implement the integration architecture of the future. Lead the transition and provide guidance to development teams.
- Triages technology proposals against existing standards and best practices, and leads subsequent solution and variance activities
- Analyzes new solution requests, solicits and clarifies nonfunctional requirements, and formulates conceptual and physical architectures, to rapidly deliver solutions in a fast paced, multi-vendor, cloud-first environment
- Helping teams to develop the product on time, on budget and ensuring that it solves the problem it was designed to solve
- Analyzing the technology environment
- Analyzing and documenting requirements
- Participation and guidance in architectural discussions
- 10 years of IT experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ years working with Oracle HCM cloud developing data integrations and assisting with functional modifications.
- 5 years of leading the development of interfaces between business applications, preferably with Oracle Integration Cloud or another cloud based integration software.
- 3 years of project management.
- 3 years of people management skills showcasing leading, influencing and mentoring professional resources located both onshore and offshore.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.