Software Lifecycle & Tooling Officer
McDonald's is the largest family restaurant in the world, serving approximately 69 million customers across 36,000 restaurants a day: in more than 100 countries. The UK & Ireland market is one of the most successful entities across the wider business, serving on average 4 million people a day. It has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 154,000 employees.
McDonald’s UK & Ireland has a proven track record of investing in the development of its employees and offering flexibility as part of its dedication to being a modern and progressive company. Every year, it invests over £40 million in developing people, giving every one of its employees the opportunity to take part in structured training.
McDonald’s buys ingredients from over 17,500 British and Irish farmers and spends over £1.1billion annually on its food and packaging requirements. McDonald’s is committed to supporting British and Irish farmers to ensure it can continue to source many of its ingredients from the UK and Ireland.
McDonald’s is a market leader in its field, striving for the highest standard of quality, speed and restaurant experience. Re-generation of our restaurant infrastructure, covering digital ordering, re-imaging and dual-point service make working at McDonald’s more exciting than ever!
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
We're a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel-good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
Company Vision and Culture
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and, in the UK, and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Irelands best-loved restaurant company.
McDonald’s is defined by its culture. Our culture shapes and informs everything we think and everything we do. Our culture influences the way we interact with each other, and how we interact with customers, franchisees and suppliers. Our culture motivates and inspires us to attract and retain great talent, creating positive, energising, exceptional working environment for us all.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better togetherJob Description:
What is the purpose of this role?
The Software Lifecycle Officer is responsible for the patching strategy and implementation plans for all restaurant software to ensure that the lifecycle of all restaurant software is understood and all software is accounted for, patched and maintained. It is also the role holder's responsibility for ensuring that Franchisee investments in this area are documented and communicated each year in good time for the following years’ investment cycles. In addition, this role will be responsible for the administration and management of systems tools.
What team will I be part of?
Running Great Restaurant Technology
* The Software Lifecycle Officer will operate as part of Asset and Configuration Management team within the Running Great Restaurant Technology function and will support the wider Technology and Change function
* The role will also work closely with counterparts in other Leading International Operating Markets (LIOM) as well as the market Deployment team to ensure the timely deployment and testing of required patches
Who will my customers be?
- Restaurants and Franchisees
- Global VMO
- Cyber Security
- Service Operations
- Supplier Management
- Deployment and Testing
- Adoption & Innovation
- Suppliers and Partners
What will my key accountabilities be?
* Accountable for establishing the strategy, plans and implementation for lifecycle planning and software asset management of the UK&I restaurant estate
* Provide Franchisees with an annual investment programme for all software components in restaurants
* Responsible for developing and maintaining an ongoing plan for deployment of OS and firmware patches which keeps our restaurants performing well and secure
* Support the Cyber Security team with maintaining and executing plans for the smooth deployment of security patches
* Maintains an ongoing schedule for all Operating system, security patching and firmware upgrades across the McDonald’s UK&I estate
* Works with senior management and vendor management functions to review technology resources (software), expenses, and software license agreements
* Establishes and maintains procedures for determining software system requirements
* Assists procurement, financial, and legal departments in analysing budgets, proposals, and vendor contracts for acquisition, monitoring, and compliance of software assets
* Oversees the development and maintenance of tracking system for all software assets in order to maintain an accurate inventory and accounting of all assets and their components
* Establishes linkage with budgeting and procurement processes to track asset acquisition, utilisation, and retirement of assets
* Accountability of all system management software and tools used across the technology function.
What background do I need to have?
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to deal tactfully with vendors, suppliers, and contractors who provide a broad spectrum of products and services
- Demonstrated competency of Information Technology contract administration, purchasing, or procurement
- Expertise with Software Asset Management and licensing models
- Familiarity with asset management software (CMDB) and/or inventory tracking systems
- An understanding of software licensing models and frameworks
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to present complex or highly technical issues in simple and easy-to-understand formats
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do, and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers. We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers gives us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere."
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Req ID: REF4098E_743999893934343