Social Media Supervisor - Brand and Content Engagement
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
We are enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work model, in which employees spend part of their week connecting with co-workers in our state-of-the-art headquarters. Located in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago, it's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!Job Description:
Our Supervisor of Social Engagement is a key element of the strategy, development, and execution of social media tactics for national campaigns and initiatives. They’re responsible for developing social-first content and digital experiences that engage millions of our fans every day, influence culture, and drive sales for some of the most iconic foods in the world. Our goal is to elevate the brand’s overarching social strategy in ways that enable high-impact moments that break through the cluttered digital landscape.
We’re hiring someone that gets the modern digital customer, not only how they consume social content and experiences, but also knows what’s important to them and why. The perfect candidate isn’t just familiar with these nuances but is also ready to translate that knowledge into fresh thinking that elevates our social strategy and pushes the brand towards groundbreaking, culturally-inspired ideas. They’re natural problem-solvers ready to work with our team and agencies to redefine best-in-class social creative and reinvent modern digital experiences for McDonald's. We are also looking for someone data-driven, who puts consumers insights and business knowledge at the heart of every single strategic and creative decisions.
- Takes part in all social engagement efforts for national and local marketing
- Serve as a creative motivator for tactics that inspire brand love and elevate role of McDonald’s in culture.
- Partner with creative and social agency teams to produce breakthrough, best-in-class creative ideas.
- Keep a pulse on emerging trends and platforms that offer new ways for the brand to maintain a modern, relevant presence in culture.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners across Brand & Content, Paid Media, Communications, Digital and Consumer Insights to align tactics to program and business goals.
- Empower the ongoing measurement and evaluation of engagement efforts to apply findings to future initiatives.
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong written and verbal skills, including live feedback discussions
- Experience working on content development for big brand campaigns a plus
- Experience in multicultural marketing; including expertise in the Hispanic consumer is a plus
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish)
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.