Social & Brand Specialist
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Social & Brand Specialist
Department: Corporate Relations/ Marketing
Position band: Specialist (Global Grade 2)
Reports to: Social Strategy & Brand Manager
Type of position: Full-time
The Social & Brand Specialist will work closely with the Manager, Social Strategy & Brand to build McDonald’s social media strategy and lead the execution of our social content (organic content & social-led campaigns). The Specialist will also work with our agency partners to analyze social performance metrics, deliver social listening recaps, and highlight consumer insights that can be utilized in our organic social strategy/within mass campaigns and that identify consumer trends related to guest relations. The Specialist will lead competitive tracking of social activity, identify and ideate around new content and monitor the industry for best practices in driving engagement.
Who you are
- You are passionate about keeping up with the latest in trends and culture - whether it’s attempting the latest TikTok sound for yourself or going deep into the internet to understand why something is trending
- You are adaptable and open-minded. You’re comfortable with ambiguity - sometimes things are new to everyone but you’re unafraid to try and learn more to get the job done.
- You have a love of storytelling - you love to create, love to ideate and uncover new angles or craft interesting stories.
- You are a critical thinker - you know when it’s appropriate to activate on a trend or observe from afar, or when a brand should act - either way you’ll uncover something new.
- You thrive on collaboration - you love an informal chat to throw ideas around, are comfortable taking small thinking and building something bigger.
- You are entrepreneurial - you can thrive in a growing environment, you’re self-motivated and efficient in identifying needs and solutions to problems.
- You are unafraid to teach and always open to learning. You understand that roles like this one mean working with various stakeholders, venturing into new spaces and challenging yourself to level up and grow within your role.
- You are a lover of all things social - you "get" how creators work, you love a good meme, you’re curious about what’s new and next.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on central initiatives.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
Execution of the Social strategy to drive engagement and meaningful connections with Canadians across all owned social media channels
- Work with agency partners to ensure social content is delivering on strategy and coordinated with all areas of marketing and communications
- Lead social-first campaigns that support McDonald’s goals for audience development, greater brand engagement, and brand affinity
- Champion social-first creative - rooted in guest truths and platform behaviour
- Measure and monitor success of social media initiatives, with support from agency team
- Partner with the Marketing and External Communications teams to develop and implement integrated social media for marketing campaigns and communications initiatives
- With the support of agency partners, monitor and identify opportunities for the brand to engage with content online
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (brand, digital, PR, legal, agency partners, vendors) to bring campaigns to life across social
- Drive new social strategies to promote channel growth across platforms (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, etc.)
Oversee the planning and execution of McDonald’s day-to-day social-media interactions with guests across a variety of social platforms
- Manage an editorial calendar detailing planned social media interactions with McDonald’s customers. Ensure that McDonald’s maintains a consistent voice and strategic message across important and emerging social media platforms
- Protect and defend the McDonald’s brand by managing our monitoring dashboards (for risks, competitors and issues) and coordinating responses to any issues that arise in social ecosystems with external communications (partnering with guest relations, legal and government affairs for alignment)
Support the execution of Brand campaigns (trust, affinity, community) within the national marketing calendar
- Support strategic brief development, including all campaign details and vetting with internal stakeholders (legal, QA)
- Support on creative execution with agency, providing consolidated feedback & direction and ensuring work is on brief
- 2+ years of experience managing social media for large-scale consumer brand
- Experience working on social media campaigns from inception to implementation
- Experience managing programs or working with social media creators and/or influences considered an asset
- Education: Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing and/or a related discipline
- Technical skills: a deep understanding of social publishing and monitoring tools (i.e. Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Sprout), as well as reporting and analytics platforms (i.e. Meltwater, Cision, Dovetale, etc.)
- Collaborative and communication skills: strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interface with internal and external partners. Bilingual in both French and English would be considered an asset.
- Vendor management experience: track record of developing strong partnerships with media agencies to help drive campaign impact
- Project management experience: strong organizational and time management skills with experience working on complex, large-scale, time-critical projects
- Analytical: knowledge of and passion for metrics and trends and proven track record of acting on data
- Flexibility: enjoy working in a fast-paced agile work environment and is comfortable with ambiguity
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.