Smart Growth (Spatial Research) Consultant
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.Job Description:
Position title: Smart Growth (Spatial Research) Consultant
Department: Restaurant Development
Position band: Consultant (Global Grade G3)
Reports to: National Manager Smart Growth
Type of position: Full-time
McDonald’s Canada has a growth opportunity for a Smart Growth (Spatial Research) Consultant. Reporting to the National Manager Smart Growth, you will assist Restaurant Development and various other departments and initiatives by providing analytical insights with advanced spatial and statistical analyses. You will work in tandem with Area Real Estate Managers across Canada to find the best opportunities for new restaurant development and provide new restaurant sales and impact estimates.
Who you are
You want to help drive the McDonald’s business forward by providing data-driven insights for decision-making and apply your analytical skills across multiple areas of the business. You are an independent worker with the ability to learn quickly and enjoy answering real business questions with analytical solutions.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on central initiatives.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting new restaurant growth. You will help support the Restaurant Development team as they continue to expand our restaurant network by partnering with Area Real Estate Managers to complete sales and impact estimates for potential new sites across the country. You will work closely with your teammates to help refine and develop new tools and methodologies to improve the accuracy of sales and impact estimation.
- Evaluating sales lifts. You will partner with stakeholders across various parts of the business to determine the expected and observed sales lifts following the deployment of new initiatives. You will estimate potential sales transfer and sales recapture amongst our restaurants during any downtime to ensure our stakeholders are fully informed.
- Acting as an internal geospatial consultant. You will develop a deep understanding of the organization to provide subject matter expertise to internal partners by leveraging census and other georeferenced data to ensure that the business is making well-informed decisions.
- Education. Post-secondary degree in Geography/GIS (preferred).
- Experience. 3 to 5 years of analytical experience with advanced skills in spatial data analysis, sales forecasting, and reporting. Strong technical skills in GIS, Alteryx, and Excel, as well as a level of proficiency in statistics. Proven ability to build and leverage statistical models and analytical reporting tools to provide data-driven insights and recommendations for stakeholders. Experience with Smartsheet, SQL, and scripting is an asset.
- Collaborative and communication skills. Refined consultative approach that engages stakeholders in a collaborative manner. Strong customer focus with keen attention to detail and ability to translate requirements into action. Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills. Ability to present and communicate information and recommendations based on target audience.
- Innovative problem-solving skills. Highly analytical in approach to developing recommendations, collecting, extracting, analyzing, and manipulating large data sets. Ability to learn quickly and apply their technical skills to a wide range of business initiatives.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.